PDA

View Full Version : TCH ARFCN Missing

Chelox
2013-03-10, 06:50 AM
Hello Guys,

I have a problem analysing a GSM DT.. during post processing we saw that there was missing information about TCH ARFCN assigned during a call, then reproducing the log in Tems we saw that despite the call was stablished, the channel mode was dedicated and all the rest parameters were assigned, the info about the TCH ARFCN was missing... why is this??

Thank you and regards,

Chelox

freakturd06
2013-03-10, 09:29 AM
You have TCH frequency hopping activated in that cell.

Chelox
2013-03-11, 12:43 AM
You have TCH frequency hopping activated in that cell.

Dear freakturd06,

Thanks.. but then how can I see the use of the different ARFCNs configured in the cell what FH is activated??

BR,

Chelox

Bouizem
2013-03-11, 04:27 AM
Dear chelox

you can see the frequency hopping list in the "C/I" window. in TEMS go to presentation -> GSM -> interference than display C/I

BR

Chelox
2013-03-21, 05:10 AM
I have one more question,

As you can see in the attached image, during DT there is a time when the serving cell is the same as one of the monitored neighbors, why is this??
An in my case the neighbor cell reports better values of RxLev, and it confuses the handover algorithm because it stays as a the best candidate..
why can it be??

BR,

Chelox

Chelox
2013-03-21, 11:14 PM
Any Help please??!?!?

Bouizem
2013-11-29, 11:32 PM
Dear Chelox

1. "during DT there is a time when the serving cell is the same as one of the monitored neighbors, why is this??": the reason is that the own BCCH of serving cell is included in the active BA list, so the mobile will listen and reports this frequecy too. in the window "serving + neighbour", you will see two velues of RxLev of serving cell: one of the BCCH and the other one on TCH (which is lower because of power contol ...)

2." in my case the neighbor cell reports better values of RxLev, and it confuses the handover algorithm because it stays as a the best candidate.." : you should see the locating parameters "offset, hyst" and also HCS "hierarchical cell structure".

Regards

dtvt2
2013-11-30, 02:02 PM
Hi Chelox
- you can see in your posted pic. In GSM current channel has information: Hoping Frequencies. if your cell has 4 trx TRX. Hopping is Baseband Hopping, If less than 4 hopping is RF Hopping
- to HO the system must identify target cel base on BCCH & BSIC. so BAL can have BCCH the same as BCCH of serving but this BCCH must have difference BSIC
dtvt2