PDA

View Full Version : Question SPU Load Problem

mahr
2013-03-07, 10:35 PM
Hi expert,
i have a problem in RNC (huawei vendor) THE SPU usage of subrack 0 almost 100% but less than 10% in other subracks,
we can do the balance inter subracks?
whatis the solution.

hamody2005
2013-03-08, 01:56 AM
Hi

As I know when SPU load is high and some SPU Load is very low you must do Balancing (cell redistribution between subsystems)

In your case this situation cause many call failures

sofianonline
2013-03-08, 03:23 PM
Hi, actually SPU in RNC can do automatic rebalancing but threshold for this (recommended by Huawei) is high (65%-90%) --> Set SHARETHD
So, the best way is to do manual rebalancing for the sites.
Check the object ADD UNODEB and you'll find the nodeb will handle by one SPU with SRN/SN/SSN
Do balancing / remove the nodeB to other SPU in other subrack.
You can do balancing based on RRC connection counter for each NodeB.

T_ADD
2013-03-08, 04:10 PM
Hi expert,
i have a problem in RNC (huawei vendor) THE SPU usage of subrack 0 almost 100% but less than 10% in other subracks,
we can do the balance inter subracks?
whatis the solution.

There's little info you've supplied but there can be a few things.

Inter-subrack handoff configuration missing.
Check stats to see what could be contributing.
LAC planning.
Excessive registration messages.
Excessive handoff issues.
Etc etc...

Check your stats man...

Sent from my ADR6300

mahr
2013-03-08, 05:26 PM
THKS VERY MUCH FOR all,
i must give you more detailes to investigate the problem
318771-the type of RNC is BSC 6900 GU ,enclosed you find the HW configuration of our RNC and the statistis of Maximum CPU Usage of the XPU ,the problem is in the subrack 0 (UMTS) we constate that the load in thes SPU is too higher in contrast of the other subracks GSM is less than 10% as you will find in the excel doc.
my question is whatis the solution ,huawei said that we must buy other SPU ,we can do the load sharing beteen subrack(GSM subrack and UMTS subrack) to decrease the load in UMTS subrack?

we can do an other investigation ?

thks very much
:confused: