PDA

View Full Version : Question how to use internet on nec pasolink neo

sukhwant717
2013-02-28, 06:08 PM
dear members,

i want to know how to use internet on nec pasolink neo through lan port. i have configured it set as used i want to use normal internet services.. please help

Luka Boroti
2013-02-28, 07:15 PM
The pasolink Neo can act as a transparent line depending on the configuration so it will not affect any traffic that pass doesn't matter what type.
If you want to use it like that you just have to configure "LAN Operation" as used or P1-P4 VLAN, LAN Capacity Main in steps of 2 Mbps( this defines the capacity that you want to transmit over the MW).
After configuring that, on LAN Setup you have to configure the port as used. The same configuration must be done in both sides of the MW. The ports are in pair Port 1 to Port 1 and so.

If more complicated configurations are needed you have to proceed with VLAN configurations.

How are you using it? What part of the path is the Pasolink in you case?

sukhwant717
2013-02-28, 09:03 PM
when i connect cable in lan port 1 to my laptop it says unidentified network

Luka Boroti
2013-03-02, 12:08 AM
If you have configured the MW as I explained above in both sides (on side where you have connected the laptop and the far end where the MW is connected with router or switch), you should have the line up with no problems.
In order to connect to internet you should have also the IP configured in your laptop and have the same subnet as the network where you are connected. As i mentioned in the previous comment the MW is transparent if you make the basic configuration.

Can you tell me if the MW is configured in both near and far end sides the same? If yes then you should check the IP configuration in you laptop.

sukhwant717
2013-03-02, 12:33 AM
can you please give me your cell no so i can get better help thanx

sukhwant717
2013-03-08, 04:25 AM
please sir give me details do i have to use some kind of switch or some modem how to configure ip address

Luka Boroti
2013-03-11, 09:37 PM
You do not need to use any switch or modem. The IP on the pasolink is only for the monitoring. If you make the configuration on both sides of the MW as mentioned above it must work.

sukhwant717
2013-03-17, 06:11 PM
dear brother i tried the same i configured same ip in network configuration as well as in laptop but it says unidentified network.

viqar111
2013-03-18, 02:06 AM
network sharing is enabled or not

sukhwant717
2013-03-18, 02:11 AM
can you please upload step by step procedure how to do all config in pnmt i will be thankful

qays
2013-12-12, 03:51 PM
i think you have to carry L3 traffic so you can if you have the needed
VLAN