PDA

View Full Version : Huawei 3G Experts: RAB Failures RNL - R13 - major cause of failures in ur network ?

road2nowhere
2013-02-15, 01:44 AM
Hi Huawei 3G experts,

According to Huawei docs, for R13:

EQ 1) Total PS RAB failures =
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.Unsp +
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RNL +
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.TNL

Now,
EQ 2)
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RNL =
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuFail +
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.IubFail

Where,
EQ 3)
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuFail=
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.PhyChFail+
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RBCfgUnsupp+
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RBIncCfg+
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuNoReply

Uu+Iub fail NEVER equals RNL failures. It varies by a HUGE amount.

Now, most of the failures in the network lie in this HUGE amount of RNL failures (98% -100% failures).

Is it the same in ur network ?
How to solve the RNL failures ?

althus14
2013-02-16, 06:08 AM
Yes, very true, This never be equals, In my opinion this should be corrected as "Greater Than" instead of saying "Equal To". I will keep you posted, If I found any finite answer. Thanks.

jayk
2013-02-26, 02:56 AM
RNL failures are due to RF issues. Improve Radio Network Quality to solve RNC Failures.

babak1349
2013-02-26, 03:55 AM
H, I am not expert in Huawei tech. but you don't think RAB.FailEstabCS.RNL includes Admission/congestion rejection causes while VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuFail shows RAB failure after passing admission function and it shows only Uu physical failures and post admission procedure ? That might explain differences between your formulas best regards
Hi Huawei 3G experts, According to Huawei docs, for R13: EQ 1) Total PS RAB failures = VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.Unsp + VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RNL + VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.TNL Now, EQ 2) VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RNL = VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuFail + VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.IubFail Where, EQ 3) VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuFail= VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.PhyChFail+ VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RBCfgUnsupp+ VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RBIncCfg+ VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.UuNoReply Uu+Iub fail NEVER equals RNL failures. It varies by a HUGE amount. Now, most of the failures in the network lie in this HUGE amount of RNL failures (98% -100% failures). Is it the same in ur network ? How to solve the RNL failures ?

giegala
2013-02-26, 04:32 AM
Hi,

babak1349 is correct. EQ2 is not used by Huawei. Just check description of the VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.RNL counter in hedex:

The measurement is triggered at point B as shown in the figure, when the RNC sends the CN a RAB ASSIGNMENT RESPONSE message indicating that the operation fails and the failure cause is "Radio Network Layer Cause" (typical cause: radio resource admission failure). In this case, the RNC measures each item in the best cell that the UE camps on.

Kirill Kucherov
2013-05-30, 08:52 PM
hello, what whould you say if this problem characterises only ONE underloaded cell within single sector and only for single subscriber? at the second carrier of this sector (second cell within this sector) or any other cell he does not experince such problem?

thanks