PDA

View Full Version : How to open .FMT log file in Actix

Saunders
2013-02-12, 11:18 AM
Dear All,
I tried to export .FMT file from TEMS (when export i already export Lat/Long) but when i open .FMT file in Actix, it gave me errors.
There are no Lat/Long and the values seems to be not correct.
Could anyone suggest if i need to import FMT template format in Actix before open the log or are there any other steps i missed out?
thank you.

D33T0X
2013-02-12, 04:39 PM
Actix opens directly TEMS logfiles, no need to export them to fmt (text) format anymore. If Lat/Long didn't get exported in your fmt file - either you didn't select them to be exported or your logs do not contain GPS data. I'm normally using fmt exports to extract KPI's or to display data in Mapinfo (the mapinfo export from TEMS can be of help in this case as well). I hope this helps.

Saunders
2013-02-13, 02:29 AM
Dear D33T0X,
Thank you for your suggestion. I have the scanner log file that i am not sure why Actix can't open it.
Then i just want to try to export it as txt .FMT format and open it in Actix.

I feel Actix seems not recognize Lat/Long when i open .FMT log but if i export it in mapinfo format, i can get information of Lat/Long.

D33T0X
2013-02-13, 04:28 AM
Hi Saunders,

As I mentioned - why don't you open the logs directly? As I remeber the fmt import in Actix was developed when TEMS refused to open the log file format for them - long time ago. Back then it was only a certain FMT format where lat and long had to be in a specific position in order to be imported (don't ask me about that export template as this was about 9 years ago). Probably this is why Actix doesn't geocode your exports. Or simply it doesn't support fmt format anymore (considered obsolete) and they forgot to remove it from the list... don't know.

Saunders
2013-02-13, 12:29 PM
Dear D33T0X,
i tried to open it directly but every time Actix gave errors(this is TEMS 14.1 log file).Then i just tried to export in FMT format.
I can load the .FMT file but Actix still can't show the correct result and there are no Lat/Long information.

D33T0X
2013-02-13, 04:49 PM
TEMS 14.1 - this is different... maybe you should look into producing your results old school - in Mapinfo. I wish I could help more but the latest version of TEMS I've put my hands on was 13.something... haven't worked with 14 yet (needs another type of dongle and I don't have it).

Saunders
2013-02-14, 02:23 AM
Dear D33T0X,
No worries and Thank you very much for your help.