PDA

View Full Version : UE CAMPING BEHAVIOR To select Cell to camp on

johnomarjimenez
2013-02-08, 09:40 PM
Hi Huawei Expert,

Good Day!

May I ask some information About the behavior of the UE.

Scenario : if the UE is off or the UE is currently camping on 2g, there will be a possibility that the UE Will scan the signal of 3G to camp on,
how we can able to ensure that the UE will prioritize to camp of F1 or F2 and will not select F3 During camping procedure.

Is this scenario can still be manage using some parameter?

Please share some idea also for some natural behavior of UE During camping procedure, because as I know the UE is always scanning the best Signal to camp on idle mode,

As I know the below parameter will controlled by 3g system only when the UE is already on the 3g and received the system information block message

1-To keep the traffic on F1, IDLEQOFFSET2SN =50, on the interfreq neighbour from F1-f3 & F1-F2, while IDLEQOFFSET2SN =-50 will be configure to F2-F1 & F3-F3 inter-frequency neighbor.

2-inter-frequency cell reselection ,
F1 ; IDLESINTERSEARCH = 4
F2 ; IDLESINTERSEARCH = 6
F3; IDLESINTERSEARCH = 6

Thanks and Have a nice day to all

Please comment to gain reputation. i will share reputation to all will give idea about this

jayk
2013-02-09, 02:32 AM
While moving from Off to ON mode UE scans all channels and camps on strongest available home network. 2100 MHZ Band has first priority for Scanning. If there are many carriers available in network, UE camps on strongest available(if not barred) and then moves to others as per strategy.

Moving from GSM to UMTS is simple, UE get parameters if 3G is priority for camping, then it scans the spectrum as per received Neighbor List from Network. UE re-selects to UMTS carrier as per defined neighbor list in GSM. Usually one carrier is kept for idle mode camping in 3G.

johnomarjimenez
2013-02-09, 12:13 PM
jayk

thank you very much! really agree on your idea,

have a nice day!