PDA

View Full Version : Question iPhone 5 issue during RAB setup

agenov
2013-02-06, 09:11 PM
Hello Guys,

have u experienced problems with the new iPhone5 which during multiRAB session where PS was already setup and subscriber initiate Voice to not reply of RB setup message(i.e RB UU NoReply) and after RNC waiting timer expiration to release it? radio conditions in both directions are really good and not other problematic indications from the network side are visible, have u faced such issue ?

br
alex

tpkj
2013-04-26, 10:54 PM
yes, we have seen similar behaviour.

agenov
2013-04-27, 03:26 AM
And what's the case and solution?

yes, we have seen similar behaviour.

tharinduwije
2013-07-21, 04:57 AM
Guys, does anybdy have a solution for this? If anybody have more info on iphone5 issues please share.

magno22
2013-07-22, 11:47 AM
Hello Guys,

have u experienced problems with the new iPhone5 which during multiRAB session where PS was already setup and subscriber initiate Voice to not reply of RB setup message(i.e RB UU NoReply) and after RNC waiting timer expiration to release it? radio conditions in both directions are really good and not other problematic indications from the network side are visible, have u faced such issue ?

br
alex
Dear Agenov,
Which vendor and iphone software version? I faced iphone5 problem that after upgrading 6.1.2 , UE not reselect 3G network. Mostly locating GSM network. How about this?

tharinduwije
2013-07-22, 02:41 PM
Dear Agenov,
Which vendor and iphone software version? I faced iphone5 problem that after upgrading 6.1.2 , UE not reselect 3G network. Mostly locating GSM network. How about this?

Same problem is currently in our network.Most of the time Iphone 5 is on compressed mode.Previously there was a No signal issue which was sorted out by disbling certain authentication features.(Huawei 3G)

agenov
2013-07-22, 03:07 PM
the vendor is huawei. Never faced or heard about that problem before. Have u checked whether all the settings are correct and so on, any trace of this issue or additional investigation, have u done something?

Dear Agenov,

magno22
2013-07-23, 09:45 AM
the vendor is huawei. Never faced or heard about that problem before. Have u checked whether all the settings are correct and so on, any trace of this issue or additional investigation, have u done something?

I checked parameters and other phones are normal. Also some iPhone is normal and some is abnormal/version is same/. Did you try iOS7?

ranflinho
2013-07-30, 02:34 AM
Hi,

We had the same problem with iphone 5 and huawei RAN. When the MTC came from a different PLMN (other operators) the paging message didn't have the information element "establishment cause". The iphone 5 replied with the establishment cause "terminating cause unknown". When Huawei RNC detects that the establishment reason is unknown, it assigns a FACH channel to establish a voice call. This cause a problem in the iphone and it stops responding any further messages leading to the Uu no reply seen from the core perspective.

To fix this we changed the parameter SigChType for "TERMCAUSEUNKNOWN" RrcCause under the URRCESTCAUSE MO to "DCH_13.6K_SIGNALLING" instead of "FACH".

I'm not sure if your scenario is the same as mine, but this solved the problem in our network.

MML commands:

SET URRCESTCAUSE: RrcCause=TERMCAUSEUNKNOWN, SigChType=DCH_13.6K_SIGNALLING;

Cheers!

agenov
2013-07-30, 04:13 AM
I guess this is another issue of the iPhone handset but taking into account the symptoms seems like different case in comparison with mine and that of magno. Did u try to escalate the case to Apple, looks like their problem. Setup over FACH is strictly defined in 3gpp and shouldnt have any problems.

Hi,

We had the same problem with iphone 5 and huawei RAN. When the MTC came from a different PLMN (other operators) the paging message didn't have the information element "establishment cause". The iphone 5 replied with the establishment cause "terminating cause unknown". When Huawei RNC detects that the establishment reason is unknown, it assigns a FACH channel to establish a voice call. This cause a problem in the iphone and it stops responding any further messages leading to the Uu no reply seen from the core perspective.

To fix this we changed the parameter SigChType for "TERMCAUSEUNKNOWN" RrcCause under the URRCESTCAUSE MO to "DCH_13.6K_SIGNALLING" instead of "FACH".

I'm not sure if your scenario is the same as mine, but this solved the problem in our network.

MML commands:

SET URRCESTCAUSE: RrcCause=TERMCAUSEUNKNOWN, SigChType=DCH_13.6K_SIGNALLING;

Cheers!

tharinduwije
2013-08-09, 12:41 AM
Hi,We had the same problem with iphone 5 and huawei RAN. When the MTC came from a different PLMN (other operators) the paging message didn't have the information element "establishment cause". The iphone 5 replied with the establishment cause "terminating cause unknown". When Huawei RNC detects that the establishment reason is unknown, it assigns a FACH channel to establish a voice call. This cause a problem in the iphone and it stops responding any further messages leading to the Uu no reply seen from the core perspective.To fix this we changed the parameter SigChType for "TERMCAUSEUNKNOWN" RrcCause under the URRCESTCAUSE MO to "DCH_13.6K_SIGNALLING" instead of "FACH".I'm not sure if your scenario is the same as mine, but this solved the problem in our network.MML commands:SET URRCESTCAUSE: RrcCause=TERMCAUSEUNKNOWN, SigChType=DCH_13.6K_SIGNALLING;Cheers!Did somebody test this parameter change? any confirmation on solving the problem after enabling this handle?