PDA

View Full Version : diversity in pathloss4.0

mohamad
2009-03-03, 07:21 PM
dear frineds
i want to use space diversity in the design of microwave links
i dont know how to import diversitu antenna in the worksheet module of pathloss4.0 (that i see two antennas in the TX and RX)
can you guide me
with regards

kaka.enine
2009-03-03, 08:26 PM
dear frineds
i want to use space diversity in the design of microwave links
i dont know how to import diversitu antenna in the worksheet module of pathloss4.0 (that i see two antennas in the TX and RX)
can you guide me
with regards

go to worksheet module ---> configure ---> Antenna Configurations ---> chose TRDR-TRDR ...

then fill the equipment yu suitable with ... Radio and the Antenna ...

and don't forget to find out the branching/circulator loss ... and name the number into branching network pop up menu ...

yu must calculate the high between main and diversity antenna ...

maximum of diversity improvement factor is 200 ...
make sure yu got this number ...

and make sure that yur diversity can cover the opposite amplitude signal on Receiver antenna on both side ...

Practice make Perfect ...

BR,

-kaka-

byja
2009-03-04, 09:13 AM
Also, make sure that you got the space diversity right. There are two types of SD in MW link application: IF combining (IFC) and baseband switching (BBSw).
If you're planning to use IFC you must also provide value for IF combiner gain (theoretical is 3 dB if both antennas have same gain, suggested value should be within the range of 2.5 - 2.7 dB).
If you're using BBSw, I'd suggest you lower the limit of diversity improvement factor to something around 50 (maybe even less). Although, most of the SD links I've encountered haven't been properly designed.
In worksheet module you have Operations > Diversity Calculations.