PDA

View Full Version : Question IP-based transmission target KPIs

phunghm
2013-01-24, 09:12 PM
Hello All,

Anyone have practice experience and criteria study for IP-based transmission in mobile network, please comment!

Situations:
Assume that we are talking about 3G network, and looking at only transmission part.
I proposed a table of planning criteria, among that there are some KPIs:
1. Latency (1-way delay): less than 35ms (This is only delay generated by transmission systems applied for real-time services, already exclusive 65 ms 1-way delay generated by Core, RC, BS and MS. I consider 200 ms delay mouth-to-ear to have R-factor good enough for Quality of Experience, ITU-T Rec. G.114).
2. Jitter: less than 50 ms.

The questions:
1. Are those values reasonable? Your suggested values?
2. My customer force us to use round-trip delay of 5 ms, and jitter of 1ms. Is it possible? how is your comment for this?

Thank you very much of sharing experience!

Mike Dozer
2013-01-24, 11:27 PM
I've seen rt times close to what the customer says, but no idea on jitter... What equip are u using?

phunghm
2013-01-24, 11:35 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.
From where you got that confirmation, real measurement on typical end-to-end path?

It's a mix network, microwave (NEC Pasolink NEO) and optical (Cisco, Huawei, Fujitsu).

cekerayam
2013-01-28, 08:47 AM
Hello All,

Anyone have practice experience and criteria study for IP-based transmission in mobile network, please comment!

Situations:
Assume that we are talking about 3G network, and looking at only transmission part.
I proposed a table of planning criteria, among that there are some KPIs:
1. Latency (1-way delay): less than 35ms (This is only delay generated by transmission systems applied for real-time services, already exclusive 65 ms 1-way delay generated by Core, RC, BS and MS. I consider 200 ms delay mouth-to-ear to have R-factor good enough for Quality of Experience, ITU-T Rec. G.114).
2. Jitter: less than 50 ms.

The questions:
1. Are those values reasonable? Your suggested values?
2. My customer force us to use round-trip delay of 5 ms, and jitter of 1ms. Is it possible? how is your comment for this?

Thank you very much of sharing experience!

Hi,

You can use the recommended value as below :

Iub (Node B to RNC link) :

Delay : Recommended (<20ms) max (<50ms)
Jitter : Recommended ( 5ms) max (20ms)
Packet Loss : Recommended (0.1%) max (1%)

phunghm
2013-01-28, 04:25 PM
Hi cekerayam,

Thank you for your comment!

Do you have any related document?

Hi,

You can use the recommended value as below :

Iub (Node B to RNC link) :

Delay : Recommended (<20ms) max (<50ms)
Jitter : Recommended ( 5ms) max (20ms)
Packet Loss : Recommended (0.1%) max (1%)