PDA

View Full Version : Question Why Serving cell monitor itself in GSM network.

lihanbok
2013-01-24, 12:50 PM
Hi Expert,
Could you please explain this situation. Why the Serving cell monitor itself in GSM network(dedicated mode)? can it affect the RxQuality of cell or not(picture below). Thank you so much.
Best Regards,
Lihanbok.

magno22
2013-01-24, 01:05 PM
i have same problem. If anyone know this issue please help us.

mobilis
2013-01-24, 01:18 PM
Dear gents
This is not a problem and will not affect the Quality , This happen when you add the BCCH of the serving cell in the BA2 list (BCCH allocation list for didecate mode ) so the MS will scan the BCCH it self ,
Hope this Helps you :cool:

lihanbok
2013-01-24, 03:43 PM
Hi mobilis (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?25713-mobilis),
I think your answer is not correct. I have already check BA2, I didn't add the Serving BCCH. Do you have other answer. Thanks
Regards,
Lihanbok

rfworld
2013-01-24, 03:59 PM
I think your answer is not correct. I have already check BA2, I didn't add the Serving BCCH. Do you have other answer. Thanks
Regards,
Lihanbok
There are 2 types of RxLev as shown in the picture.
1. RxLev Sub
2. RxLev Full

mobilis
2013-01-24, 06:34 PM
Regards,
Lihanbok
Hi Lihanbok
This already happen with me in Huwaei BSC32 the BA list was configured Manualy and for ZTE BSC V6 witch is automatically configured ,
Regarding the Quality ,this will not affect the Quality ,
What I need from you ,
1 In which vendor you are working
2 Please to share the Drive test log file with cell file ,in order to confirm :cool:

mobilis
2013-01-24, 06:40 PM
There are 2 types of RxLev as shown in the picture.
1. RxLev Sub
2. RxLev Full
Hi rfworld
When the DTX is activated you have to take the value of RxLev Sub else RxLev Full
the 2 value in the Picture are
the first one for the serving cell But With POWER CONTROL that's why it is lower then the Second Value which is for the BCCH Freq (Max output power) :cool:

lihanbok
2013-01-25, 02:09 AM
I have already check in BSC6900 and I didn't add BCCH of Serving cell in BA2. I rarely met it before. I agree with you about not affect to Rx Quality. Could you please tell me how to solve it. Thank you.
Regards,
Lihanbok

alibushehri
2013-01-25, 01:27 PM
Hi,

Do you have a Multiband network, like GSM900&DCS1800 ? This feature is mainly designed for BSC, during handover or Assignment on overlaid and underlaid. for the time that the MS is on overlaid like 1800 band the pathloss is less than 900 band and since usually BCCH is on 900 band, by using this feature you can see the difference in pathloss of different layers. So either you should have a parameter to set this difference, or you can let your BSS calculate it on case by case bases

Ahmed Adel
2013-01-27, 05:29 AM
Hi,

that issue is related to the Parameter PWRC, this parameter which include the BCCH power at MRs or Not, if this parameter is set to yes, the BCCH power Should include at the send MRs From MS side.
so you can check this parameter

thanks

mobilis
2013-01-27, 06:42 AM
witch vendor this parameter or it is 3GPP standard ??

Darko
2013-01-27, 09:47 AM
In E******* it is used for multi band feature and there is no negative effect.You should see it in active bcch list.

shefrin
2013-01-31, 10:36 PM
Hi Lihanbok,
In huawei, the 'enhanced concentric cell' feature puts the same cell BCCH in to the neighbor list. This is done so that to scan the levels of its own BCCH while the cell is on 1800 band and to take handover decisions to neighboring cells, especially power budget based handovers based on BCCH to BCCH levels of serving cells and neighbors. If not for this feature, handovers to neighboring cells would be based on the level difference between 1800 & 900 which we have to manually define and for this reason wont be accurate.
Shefrin

Md.Moniruzzaman
2013-02-03, 02:27 AM
In E******* system there is a feature named " Own BCCH measurement ". If you ACTIVE this feature,you will find this scenario in Drivetest.

ventinel
2013-02-15, 03:27 PM
hi.. source cell is added as its own neighbor... also it is helpful and improves HO efficiency in dual band networks

Hi Expert,
Could you please explain this situation. Why the Serving cell monitor itself in GSM network(dedicated mode)? can it affect the RxQuality of cell or not(picture below). Thank you so much.
Best Regards,
Lihanbok.