PDA

View Full Version : EDX Signal Pro Land Use

zeuscane
2013-01-14, 01:28 AM
Anyone knows how to create Land Use (Clutter) in EDX signal Pro?
I tried with edxcv.exe to convert ATDI clutter without success.
Can someone post clutter EDX for Europe?

zeuscane

probabaja
2013-01-14, 02:23 AM
Does EDX support import ascii or shape file?

DCA
2013-01-14, 12:34 PM
@zesucane

I thought mapserver was capable of doing so!?

zeuscane
2013-01-14, 04:32 PM
I used Global Mapper with ATDI plugin to create the file.
ICS Map Server reads and displays this file, but edxcv.exe cannot convert this file into a file GCV which must be used in EDX.

zeuscane

@zesucane

I thought mapserver was capable of doing so!?

luca.b
2013-01-14, 05:50 PM
where is possible to find the EDX signal pro? thank you very much

vivainter
2013-01-14, 07:08 PM
Find on EDX Support
Using Computamaps terrain and clutter data

The free terrain and clutter data found on the Computamaps.com website is compatible with EDX software. Here are a few suggestions on using the data:

Terrain Elevation Data (dtm folder)
• Open the "projection" file in a text editor and make sure the first line is "GRS-1980" not "GRS-80".
• In the EDX Databases/Terrain dialog set the database type to "MSI-Planet" and the folder with the database is the DTM folder created when you unZIPped the file from Computamaps.

If you wish to use two or more Planet data files at the same time you will first need to convert them to our 201 format using the EDXCV conversion utility. The conversion type is for Terrain data and "MSI-Planet to EDX 201". You will need to enter the appropriate parameters into the "Geographic parameters" dialog:

• Transverse Mercator ref longitude is the second number in the fourth line of the "projection" file
• ref latitude, standard parallel 1 and 2 are always 0
• scale compression is 0.9996
• false easting is 500000 false northing is 0 for data North of the equator and 10000000 for South of the equator
• major axis is 6378137
• flattening is 0.003352811
• datum shifts are all 0

Once you have your 201 files, they should all be put in one folder on your hard drive and then use the "EDX Universal 201" terrain database type in the Databases/Terrain dialog.

Clutter Data (CLT folder) - Same method as for steps 1 & 2 in the terrain data above except the database type and location "CLT" folder entry is made from the Databases/Clutter dialog. If you wish to use two or more Planet data files at the same time you will first need to convert them to our .GCV format using the EDXCV conversion utility. The conversion type is for Land Use data and "MSI-Planet format to EDX GCV". You will need to enter the appropriate parameters into the "Geographic parameters" dialog as described above. Once you have your GCV files, they should all be put in one folder on your hard drive and then use the "EDX .GCV format" type in the Databases/Land Use Please contact EDX technical support if you have further questions.

zeuscane
2013-01-14, 07:22 PM
I have also tried this method.
Product files do not work on EDX.
EDX says that these files are incompatible.

zeuscane

probabaja
2013-01-14, 10:09 PM
ATDI .SOL format to EDX .GCV format
ATDI clutter files typically store the data based upon a projected grid system. At
this time only the “UTM” grid type is supported in this conversion. The converter
will determine the correct reference latitude and longitude from the grid type value
in the ATDI file but you will need to specify the correct earth ellipsoid and Datum
shift values in the Geographic Parameters dialog. These values will be defined by
the coordinate system datum. If this is not known, start the conversion process on
the ATDI file and view the message box that reports the ATDI “Grid code” found
in the file. If the code contains “2FR” or “3FR” then this is WGS84 datum which
requires the following parameters:
Map Projection = “Transverse Mercator”
Map Scale Compression = 0.9996
Major Axis = 6378137.0
Flattening = 0.003352811
Datum Delta (x, y, and z) = 0.0
The other parameters in the Geographic Parameters dialog can be ignored.
Otherwise, if the code contains “UT” then the number preceding the “UT” is the
ATDI datum index. Index 4 is WGS84 and indices 3, 18, and 83 are essentially
equivalent to WGS84. A complete list of datum indices can be acquired from
ATDI or the EDX customer support center may be able to help.
ATDI typically uses clutter code “0” as a valid code for “Open” or “Rural” where
EDX assumes code “0” means “no clutter type”. If a merge/translate file (see
below) is not used during conversion, a point with a code of “0” in the ATDI file
will be classified as “99” in the EDX .GCV file.

zeuscane
2013-01-15, 12:18 AM
@probabaja

I've done this but...

zeuscane

probabaja
2013-01-15, 01:52 AM
I try this http://www.edx.com/files/edxcv_2.5.zip -> conversion successful.. Works on winxp and win7.

zeuscane
2013-01-15, 02:03 AM
Thanks I use this program and this version for conversion

zeuscane

I try this http://www.edx.com/files/edxcv_2.5.zip -> conversion successful.. Works on winxp and win7.