PDA

View Full Version : Optimiziation Problem

kskk
2009-02-27, 04:35 PM
Hello Experts.

Here i am working in optimization proejct , where i am facing very unique proeblem which i wanted to share with you and expecting some good sugesstion. Let me discribe the senerio.

1) Operator working with e******* system
2) They are using Metrica instead of RNO
3) All the KPI's very good
4) I have checked all the formule for all KPI's
5) Did all the mapping with E******* formula and metrica output
6) All things looks to be perfect and considered to be best network i have ever seen till date

But the catch is, While i take drive test report I can see lot of handover failure,lot of call drops, Site serving till very high distance, very big Active BA list, Lot of neighbors which are not required, calls are happening on very low signal level and bad quality, high value of RLT counter.

Could you pls share the information if you have gone through this type is problem or u can sugesst some bedug in specific counter setting .

IF you seek addtional information i can share with you.

expecting your valuable sugesstions

kskk

NILCTG
2009-02-28, 12:10 AM
And as it appears from your statement, according to DT logs there is a lot of problem in the network. I believe you already know that DT only reflects a snapshot of the network and it is also very location specific. U r still using BO for STS, correct? if so, chk the raw counters. They don’t lie!

kskk
2009-02-28, 12:19 AM
Intially i thought same and checked RAW counters , But some how really not convineced with the results
Is there is way RAW counters can be manipulated

ghassen
2009-02-28, 12:23 AM
Hello Experts.

Here i am working in optimization proejct , where i am facing very unique proeblem which i wanted to share with you and expecting some good sugesstion. Let me discribe the senerio.

6) All things looks to be perfect and considered to be best network i have ever seen till date

But the catch is, While i take drive test report I can see lot of handover failure,lot of call drops, Site serving till very high distance, very big Active BA list, Lot of neighbors which are not required, calls are happening on very low signal level and bad quality, high value of RLT counter.

Could you pls share the information if you have gone through this type is problem or u can sugesst some bedug in specific counter setting .

kskk

you have to consider which radio propagation model are you using because sometimes in some area everything is ok theoretically but when you perform a drive test there is nothing which is ok rxlev too low and so
here also try to decrease level from other cells check cells relationship which ho fails incomming or outgoing
check counter and measurement maybe a trace on the air interface will be helpfull too
this how we do in siemens but really i don't know about ericson i posted this just to help

kskk
2009-02-28, 12:30 AM
Is there any impact on the RAW counter , the we collect the information?????

NILCTG
2009-02-28, 12:30 AM
What have you found lets say for CDR. Form counters, major cause, number of drops per cause and further detail can be investigated. Are there truly high drops in suspected cell as indicated in DT? Perhaps you can get counters of busy hour of suspected cells and calculate KPI using excel. Then compare the KPI that you get from Matrica. If you haven’t tried it already then first try this. As this will clear any confusion about the integrity of Matrica/Tool.:)

kskk
2009-02-28, 12:36 AM
Thanx NILCTG.

We already follwed the same procedure that you have mentioned, The KPI from RAW counter and Matrica O/P are matching each other , so there is no disconnect.

But the disconnect is Drive test report , I could see lot of problem in drive test but really not reflecting in the Network.

regards
kskk

NILCTG
2009-02-28, 12:37 AM
Kskk, your question is not clear to me. What do you mean when you say "Is there any impact on the RAW counter , the we collect the information????? ":)

NILCTG
2009-02-28, 12:42 AM
I don't know about your case, from my experience as consultant for E*******, only once I faced a somewhat smiler problem where later we found that the MS was faulty. Perhaps you can provide CDD, KPI & DT log. I shall look at it, but it will take some time.

kskk
2009-02-28, 12:45 AM
THAnx NILCTG,

I will be more working on the problem and share you the details.

Thanx a lot for the information and time

Regards
Kskk

hassen
2009-02-28, 01:09 AM
Hello Experts.

kskk
hi

decrease value of RLT(radio link time out) to 16 and check again you kpi.

da_manole
2009-02-28, 02:42 AM
Depends on the total traffic and it's distribution on the area .If all the traffic it's coming from a commercial area and a small amount from drive test area...the problems are covered.

hassen
2009-02-28, 06:32 AM
in case inter bsc check neighbors that are defined at msc level (outer)
in all cases check layer of serving cell with neighbours

alibushehri
2009-02-28, 01:39 PM
Hello Experts.

kskk

Dear Fella,

Your case is really strange !
Lets go to the drive test problems that you mentioned :

For "high value of RLT counter,calls are happening on very low signal level and bad quality,Lot of neighbors which are not required & very big Active BA list, Site serving till very high distance", i have to say that all of them are parametrics. so they are not related to your case ( Drive test data dosen't match KPIs)

For "lot of handover failure,lot of call drops" ( and also for late HO), you have to answer my questions first:

1- What is your drive test suite?
2- IS it c**** or original?
3- Are you sure about handset calibration ?

manson
2009-03-02, 04:07 PM
We working in optimization project Huawei, where i am facing very unique problem and expecting some good sugesstion.

1. missing neighbour with same BCCH from same Cell.
2. Intracell HO Failure with same BCCH from same Cell.

anyone get to help me to discuss the problem??? I have check all parameter, neighbour and still happened Intacell HO Failure but No interference..
Thank's...

nupong
2009-03-03, 12:05 AM
We working in optimization project Huawei, where i am facing very unique problem and expecting some good sugesstion.

anyone get to help me to discuss the problem??? I have check all parameter, neighbour and still happened Intacell HO Failure but No interference..
Thank's...

Back to see your RAW counter, it can tell you exactly what's cause of fail u encounter with. However, as my own opinion, some times Huawei counters are just incorrect:L

kskk
2009-03-03, 12:37 AM
hi Fella
We are using orginal drive suit from TEMS 8.1.2. So problem with that. We too got new phone which is provided with software. I just hope that is calibarated.

At this satge i don't want to change RLT value. I just wanted to establish raltion between Drive and KPI.

NILCTG
2009-03-05, 01:08 AM

Thank's...

Manson:

Your problem is not clear to me from your statement. What do you mean by "missing neighbour with same BCCH from same Cell"?

Also what does "Intracell HO Failure with same BCCH from same Cell" mean?

Please answer following question so that we can get a picture of your network:

Is it a multi-band network(concentric)?

The cells/sites you are talking about, are this cells coverage driven/capacity driven?

Is "Intra-cell HO" enabled at these cells?

Which BSC SW ver you are using in the network?

Also whats the IHO failure rate in the cluster?

Thanks

adedia
2009-03-06, 12:26 PM
kokoeg question are relevant...
I've been with huawei before..
if it happen on one site. Check the site first.

thuan
2009-03-26, 04:21 PM
Hello Experts.

kskk

Hi kskk,

I think the problems may be come from your toolkit? Which the toolkit you are using to collect data? You need to check and sure the toolkit are working normally.

mirza
2009-03-31, 04:27 PM
Tool kit setup can be problem .... i will check with the tool kit settings first in this case

manson
2009-04-01, 03:31 PM
I think the question is clear...
Problem from the network is Intracell HO Failure... where, BCCH/BSIC from Target HandOver and source HandOver is same...
BTS use configuration 1/1/1 and Not Multi-Band, Only use GSM 1800... No Hoping Channel...
So, what do think from this cases... ???

Manson:

Your problem is not clear to me from your statement. What do you mean by "missing neighbour with same BCCH from same Cell"?

Also what does "Intracell HO Failure with same BCCH from same Cell" mean?

Please answer following question so that we can get a picture of your network:

Is it a multi-band network(concentric)?

The cells/sites you are talking about, are this cells coverage driven/capacity driven?

Is "Intra-cell HO" enabled at these cells?

Which BSC SW ver you are using in the network?

Also whats the IHO failure rate in the cluster?

Thanks

radio_network
2009-04-01, 09:50 PM
Intracell handovers are due to Uplink interference. It may be due to VSWR problem /sector swap. And check out the valus of Hop count and Hop count timer. Values which u can adjust to go for an intercell handover.

sadok
2009-04-01, 09:50 PM
Hi,

Check the RNC Uexception and compare it with the counter for a fixed period of time.

BR

rheyra
2009-05-15, 06:54 PM
I don't know exactly what Huawei's database parameter looks like. But, please consider BALIST registered in those problematic cells, and for active(dedicated) mode, please don't put serving cell BCCH on its BALIST, because it will create problem. In e*******, there's parameter (MF=measured frequency), and it's defined in 2 modes: idle and active. In active mode, it's not defined its own BCCH as BALIST.
hopefully can help you.

I think the question is clear...
Problem from the network is Intracell HO Failure... where, BCCH/BSIC from Target HandOver and source HandOver is same...
BTS use configuration 1/1/1 and Not Multi-Band, Only use GSM 1800... No Hoping Channel...
So, what do think from this cases... ???

venom
2009-05-15, 10:58 PM
THAnx NILCTG,

I will be more working on the problem and share you the details.

Thanx a lot for the information and time

Regards
Kskk

r u checking the BH Stats or DTOT?

BH reflects the worst scenario, if u haven't checked it it then pls share the stats of it.

have u checked the stats for the sameday when the DT was done? If yes then also check the hourly stats of that day !!

Lesmana
2009-05-16, 06:01 AM
Hello Experts.

kskk

Please select an area with few sites...

Collect the OMCR stats, path balance,neighbour stats of the sites of that area during BH. Also do Drive test at the same time...

Call traces will be helpful also.Traces can be put according to IMSI or TMSI.
Make traces for the handsets which you are going to use in DT.it will be the easiest way to compare the DT logs and OMCR logs.

Probably the problem is related to the Drive Test tools...

sonar_bangla
2009-05-27, 02:54 PM
HELLO MY FRNDS, I FACED A PROBLEM DURING 3g DRIVE TEST, when i start hsdpa test my data card/sim cannot select automatically carrieer 2 because carrier 2 is assigned for HSDPA and carrier 1 is assigned for call in a cell, how can i trigger aoutomatically two carrier two when a user start downloading big file....fyi, by using data card or for normal user they cannot lock the carrier by tems soft.

please help me if there is any parameters to tune to bar carrier1 during HSDP

mirza
2009-05-27, 05:55 PM
HELLO MY FRNDS, I FACED A PROBLEM DURING 3g DRIVE TEST, when i start hsdpa test my data card/sim cannot select automatically carrieer 2 because carrier 2 is assigned for HSDPA and carrier 1 is assigned for call in a cell, how can i trigger aoutomatically two carrier two when a user start downloading big file....fyi, by using data card or for normal user they cannot lock the carrier by tems soft.

please help me if there is any parameters to tune to bar carrier1 during HSDP

Hello

I think you cannot use the both carriers at the same time.

if possible check with your IFHO threshold settings .

Thanks

Obaid Mirza

binladen
2009-09-19, 05:01 PM
i drive test and i have a problem. Handover failure to other cell. What problem with that cell. EX: handover from cell 1 of site A to cell 3 of site B.

manson
2009-09-19, 06:22 PM
Binladen... Please call your partner Mr. Osama bin laden... Maybe he can help you about your problem.... :p

May we just give you one solutions for the problem... recheck the neihgbour list in site A dan B... :D

maverrickforever
2009-09-20, 03:41 AM
i was facing similar problem in my network physically check the sites for correct orientaion, tilt, handover definitions some of the problems will be resolved by physical optimization and as for unwanted BA list u will have to check with OMCR for it.

maverrickforever
2009-09-20, 03:43 AM
u are correct on this one Mr Binladen . Checking BA list would definitely and as far as mr osama is concerned he cannot physically optimize the n/w .

manson
2009-09-20, 03:44 PM
Osama bin laden...

Maybe one of the site which you can drive is a new site?
Prepare BA list 2 ways for that New site... :p