PDA

View Full Version : Question High TCH drop rate

dacoder
2013-01-08, 02:52 PM
In one of the cells of my network there's high tch drop rate and the main reason contributing to it is high number of TCH drop due to LAPD link failure. I tried increasing T200 value but the result hasnt improved. Any suggestion to resolve the problem?
we are using zte system.

thanks

mail2paturi
2013-01-08, 03:13 PM
In one of the cells of my network there's high tch drop rate and the main reason contributing to it is high number of TCH drop due to LAPD link failure. I tried increasing T200 value but the result hasnt improved. Any suggestion to resolve the problem?
we are using zte system.

thanks
Dear Bro,

Kindly check with the micro wave link for that particular site or E1 Configurations....... kindly check this it may give you some analysis

dacoder
2013-01-08, 03:34 PM
Dear Bro,

Kindly check with the micro wave link for that particular site or E1 Configurations....... kindly check this it may give you some analysis
hi,
this problem is seen in only one cell. Remaining 2 cells of this site does not have this issue.

giegala
2013-01-09, 06:07 AM
Hi,

Do you have half rate on bad cell, but not on other two cells? in that case check LapD multiplexing setting. HR causes more signalling per TRX, and therefore you should allocate more Abis signalling capacity per TRX.

I could tell you Huawei parameter name, but do not know what it is for ZTE.

huawrx
2013-01-09, 07:43 AM
giegala in Huawei you can see in LST gtrxdev if the Half Rate is activated o no? (i think TCHAdjust allow ON) can you refer to this parameter o another parameters?

Handover24
2013-01-09, 08:38 AM
giegala in Huawei you can see in LST gtrxdev if the Half Rate is activated o no? (i think TCHAdjust allow ON) can you refer to this parameter o another parameters?
I think your fault is that suggested by huawerx...anyway just two ore three times I have the same problem and the fault was on the CPRI port...

giegala
2013-01-09, 03:51 PM
In Huawei system to have HR on the cell you need to have HR codec enabled as well:
SET GCELLCCACCESS: VOICEVER

The parameter that you have mentioned is for Timeslot conversion FR<->HR - it is necessary.

However checking of HR should not only be by parameters, but also from stats.

What i have meant is following parameter:
MOD BTS:MPMODE

I think in case of high HR load it should be set to 2:1 (MODE2_1)

mohamed_191_1
2013-01-15, 05:04 PM
Dear Giegala, Plz support if you have idea, i have a case in many cells that, CDR increase directly with HR Traffic. Huawei vendor

Thanks in Advance.

dacoder
2013-01-16, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Do you have half rate on bad cell, but not on other two cells? in that case check LapD multiplexing setting. HR causes more signalling per TRX, and therefore you should allocate more Abis signalling capacity per TRX.

I could tell you Huawei parameter name, but do not know what it is for ZTE.
specific counter would have been much helpful but nevertheless i will search for it
thanks

giegala
2013-01-17, 03:27 AM
Dear Giegala, Plz support if you have idea, i have a case in many cells that, CDR increase directly with HR Traffic. Huawei vendor

Thanks in Advance.

In general HF performs worse that FR. There are RLF counters per TRX and traffic type (AS4308D; AS4328D; S4318D;S4338D; S4348D). They give you quality and rxlevel and TA during drop. Verify the conditions at drop of HR -> this should give you idea.

Besides Huawei HO algorithm allows you to make HR->FR HO when RF conditions are bad.

Cheers!

mobilis
2013-01-24, 12:55 PM
Hi docoder
1- Since the problem is only in one cell try to perform a helth check for the sites , specialty the CPRI cables ,(between RRU and BBU);
2- if you have Abis over IP with high configuration in the site try to increase the Abis bandwith to 4 MB
hope this will help you :)