PDA

View Full Version : Question WiMAX Network Optimization

engrsaeed
2012-12-23, 07:05 PM
Dear All,

we have deployed the WiMAX TDD Network using FRP3 having three frequency channel of 10MHZ on 2.5 GHz...

Even we have 3 frequency channels but still we are getting co-channel interference because site are maximum 600 meters from each other, i have tried my best that sectors sharing the same frequency channel are not directly facing each other but still we are getting low values of CINR sometime sector which very far covering the area with bad CINR values....some sites are having height 50 meters and some are 25 meters....currently we didnt have any attenuation on the sectors configured...main thing antenna have only mechanical tilt....electrical tilt is not supported....according to my knowledge we can play only with attenuation but how...or anything else we can do for it....

Please help me by providing your professional guidance on this,,,,,,,,

mike
2012-12-24, 12:16 AM
Attenuation of the power is not recommended because you are reducing indoor coverage, it should be better to change the antenna Height. if the antenna doesn't have electrical tilt, this is a big problem, however what kind of equipment are you using?, Maybe I can help you with Samsung and huawei equipments.

Mike:cool:

dimooon11
2012-12-24, 01:19 AM
I agree with mike. Power reduction is not a good solution. As well as excessive mechanical tilting.
Not deploying antennas with electical tilt in urban areas - huge fail (no matter what technology and frequency).
It is better to change heights if possible and procure antennas with adjustable eletrical tilt.

engrsaeed
2012-12-24, 08:42 PM
Thanks Mike for your reply....

Yes you are right attenuation reduce indoor coverage, but in some cluster if we have sites 400 meters from each other can we use some attenuation? will it help to overcome interference..?

We are using Samsung equipment please help with it...

Awaiting for your favorable reply.....

mike
2012-12-25, 01:55 AM
I think this will not be useful to change just the attenuation. It should be better to change the antenna height, the electrical and mechanical tilt, and make an optimization of the preamble index allocation.

if you have access to the WSM (WIMAX SYSTEM MANAGER), tell me which version are you using and if you have full admin access. Also when was the last time that the system was updated.

Mike:cool: