PDA

View Full Version : Tool for decoding CellID for UMTS neighbours cell

MaClaud
2012-12-23, 03:20 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for tool (HW+SW) which can decode CellID on neighbour cells. Now I have only scrambling codes for them.

Do you have tips?

Thanks

josogun2
2012-12-23, 07:17 PM
You can get that from your CGI in DT tools

MaClaud
2013-01-09, 06:08 PM
Thank you for your answer but maybe you dont understand me....

I'm using TI now. If I work in scan mode, I cannot decode CellID of any cell... If I use standard measurment (dedicate or idle - id doesnt matter) I get only CellID of serving cell but not neighbour cells, but I need it for my special purposes.

i hope that this my explanation is better than first one.

Thank you for your advise...

wernfried
2013-01-09, 08:27 PM
Yes, only Frequency and Scrambling code is measured and reported. In order to get according Cell-Id you have to check the RNC data where relations are defined.

Kind Regards

bssmsm
2013-01-22, 10:12 PM
MaClaud...Do you have some info about your thread? I got the same problem and I need to obtain the cellid code of my measurement...

If you was solved it, please share with us.

Best regards.

Hello,
I'm looking for tool (HW+SW) which can decode CellID on neighbour cells. Now I have only scrambling codes for them.

Do you have tips?

Thanks

giegala
2013-01-24, 04:37 AM
Hi,

it is natural that UE reads cellid only of active cells. Your solution could be:

1. HW - find some good scanner that can decode CI of all scanned cells. I suppose Rhode & Schwatz Romes TSMU-xx should do it. At least does very well for 2G.

2. OSS support systems and SON applications use database of bts locations, cell ids and SC. From measurement data application finds closest cell with measured SC. The method is less reliable than 1st one. Actually, TI can do it online for Idle and dedicated modes. All you have to do is to build cellfile and load it to TI. TI documentation gives you file format - actually there are 2 formats: text and xml.

MaClaud
2013-01-24, 04:19 PM
Hi,
I know that it is natural behaviour of UE, it decodes CellID for serving cell only...
TSMU or other scanner is sollution but it is expensive. I have tested TSMU and it works fine.

Sollution of TI is not "clear" :(

giegala
2013-02-05, 10:41 PM
Hi,

check out this thread:
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?3571-UMTS-GSM-CellRef-file