PDA

View Full Version : mini link expert plz

sems3m
2012-12-22, 11:58 AM
i could installed antenna 0.6 HPX and after allignment done i wanted to get best xpd value as my operator need it range from 27 to 30 dbm but actually i got from 24 to 25 so what is the reason
thanks

Abuelooorl
2012-12-25, 12:19 AM
i could installed antenna 0.6 HPX and after allignment done i wanted to get best xpd value as my operator need it range from 27 to 30 dbm but actually i got from 24 to 25 so what is the reason
thanks

Hi.

Lower the TX power in both radios. If you are not able to do that install attenuators instead.

In any case that 24-25dBm is a lot of power and it you will get BER errors. In my opinion 30-40dBm should be good enough...

BR.

miro
2012-12-26, 05:20 PM
hi

i totally agree with above solutions....

atb our case we are using 45 threshold

best regards

byja
2012-12-26, 10:29 PM
Guys, he's talking about XPD values, not about RSL values.
Sems3m, the XPD values can not be taken for granted. Standard 0.6m antennas have lower XPD values and XPD tolerance as well. And the way you measure it is also far from perfect.
Try rotating feeds if possible (probably not if it's a direct mount). Check if your antenna mounts are vertical, or under some angle.
But most importantly, see if you have a working link even with lower XPD value. Remember the most important engineering rule - if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

qwertry
2012-12-27, 11:51 PM
Hi,

There is a problem with some of 0.6 HPX antennas, you can not reach targeted XPD. Contact your E******* support for more information.

BR

sems3m
2012-12-29, 09:33 AM
Hey guys,
thanks alot for your support but i could got solution for this problem as i returned back to e******* supporters from sweeden and problem was from equipement as there is problem from 0.6 hpx feed so if any one face this problem change feed or antenna totally