PDA

View Full Version : DL Power Congestion UMTS_Huawei

DizX
2012-12-18, 10:51 PM
Maxtxpower of cell set to 448 and MAXTCP from statistics is less than 41.6 dBm but RAB Failures due to DL Power congestion is appearing.

Cell is not utilizing DL Power to full configured capacity as set by MAXTXPOWER but still DL Power congestion appears: is it because, some power is reserved for signaling channel? Please help me in these questions

Q1: what are the parameters to check allocated power on signaling channels?

Q2: Is it necessary to reserve some fraction of power for HSDPA/HSUPA channels?

Q3: How to optimize DL Power congestion without changing Engineering parameters and PCPICH Power?

mobilink999
2012-12-19, 05:08 PM
you can change MAXTXPWR to 460. Your observation is similar to mine. I hope someone can give exact breakdown of rest of the power? Reserved for SHO can also be one factor. But exact mathematical breakdown will be excellent.

romagdinio
2012-12-20, 08:30 PM
Hello All,
you can check the Power CAC threshold Setting from "UCELLCAC", you will find the CAC power thresholds for each service.. i.e. the percentage from remaining power at which the CAC algorithm will begin rejecting the new calls for each service.

pongpang
2012-12-23, 12:56 AM
should be try to add more DL ENU (UCELLCAC)for this cell,,

romagdinio
2012-12-23, 03:23 AM
Hello Pongpang,
this will depend on the CAC algorithm you are using (algorithm 1 or 2 ) as in algorithm 1, the EUN "Equivalent user number" is not considered. only the max HSDPA & maximum HSUPA Users numbers in this algorithm are considered