PDA

View Full Version : RU30 "Power based Admission Control for the HSUPA call setups"

kyokuman
2012-12-13, 07:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone having experience with RU30 function "Power based Admission Control for the HSUPA call setups", it can be enabled trhough :

PRFILE control with Bit14 of the PRFILE parameter 007:0283 RN40_MAINT_013 is defined for activation of the function. AC of the PS HSPA calls is activated if Bit14 = 1. Function is switched off by default, Bit14 = 0.

When this function is ON, following counters show up : setup_rej_edch_ac_int and setup_rej_edch_ac_bgr

I have very high values of those guys. Quite normal I would say.

My problem is that the counter ps_setup_fail_ac_int is also very high, and seems corrolated with new counters above.

Thing is that ps_setup_fail_ac_int is M1022 Packet call related, meaning that it is incremented when User plane can not be allocated.

Meaning that, according to the description of the counter, no service could be allocated.

So my question is the following : When setup an HSPA call, if the AC estimate that HSUPA can not be allocated due to AC, what is the decision for the HSDPA call. Will it try to allocate the return channel to it? Or will it immediately reject the whole call.

the behavior of my counters seem showing that when HSUPA is rejected due to AC, the whole call is rejected. then new attemps are needed.

I hope I am clear. Please let me kknow if you have any info/experience about it

Thanks for your help,
Kyokuman

djordjebeg
2012-12-14, 06:55 PM
Hello,

Chekc KPis : RNC_615C, RNC_736B. if ther are as before than there is no reject of service.
I am pretty sure that you will get DCH or FACH instead.
do you have DRA?
regards,

kyokuman
2012-12-14, 07:53 PM
Hi and Thanks for your answer!

Both KPIs are retainability related, isn't it? Why would they be affected if the prob is the call rejected during reconf (DRA is off).

Thanks again.

djordjebeg
2012-12-17, 05:44 PM
they should not be affected for sure. They are related to retainabllity.,But if they are affected i am aft raid that there is wrong counting that I wanted to say.
In case DRA is not enabled AC is done after e4a is received and for sure there is no possibility to be hard reject but only reconf to FACH or DCH.
Hm but why you decided to switch this functionality? Any particular reason. Honestly I have never seen that some operator did it.

kyokuman
2012-12-17, 05:48 PM
they should not be affected for sure. They are related to retainabllity.,But if they are affected i am aft raid that there is wrong counting that I wanted to say.
In case DRA is not enabled AC is done after e4a is received and for sure there is no possibility to be hard reject but only reconf to FACH or DCH.
Hm but why you decided to switch this functionality? Any particular reason. Honestly I have never seen that some operator did it.

I agree, I don't like this function as well, but i'm new in this network and I noticed it is ON. So I want to deactivate it.