PDA

View Full Version : CDMA 1X

patogh
2012-12-12, 01:46 AM
Hi everybody, I have the follow questions: Is it recommendable to use data 1X in a system with EvDO?? Is there some affectation, degradation to the signal or number of connected users, when data 1X and voice are enabled in the same CDMA carrier??

I m designing an OSS system, and in the flows I have CDMA WLL provisioning and I think there is a risk of blocking if data 1X are enabled in the network. The network has a EvDO carrier as well.

When a new user 1X connects up, is it possible that some users can lost their connections??

What would happen with the factibility, when 1X data are enabled it is suppose the capacity for voice calls is lower that if it is disabled...

Hope you can help me guys

PG

kaizzer545
2012-12-12, 05:31 AM
In my experience when too much 1x users migrated from EVDO.. we face some pilot congestion so then RF team need to balance EVDO & 1x.. we detect this because Users report can not receive call even A-number gets connect tone

patogh
2012-12-12, 06:34 AM
Thanx for the promt answer, another question, what happened with the walsh codes aviability when 1X or EvDO users begin to use the 1X service? is it some affectation to the users that are in call??, there is blocking in the cell due the new 1X users...