PDA

View Full Version : Question Which are the most important KPIs for 2G and 3G

zeldalcl
2012-12-10, 06:16 PM
Hi radio experts!
I Hope u happy and healthy! I'm in stuck with so many radio KPIs. So i want to discuss with you about:
How many the most important KPIs that are enough to monitor radio Network performance.
How do you think about which are values The KPIs should achieve to ensure the good quality.
Anybody Who have any information from Mobile Operator in the world, please share us.

Sincerely!

Processor
2012-12-10, 07:02 PM
hello Chef,

Basically KPIs are usually ranked as follows;

Accessibility: CSSR (Call Setup Success Rate)
Retainability: CDR (Call Drop Rate)
Mobility: 2G - HOSR (Handover Success Rate) 3G - SHO (Soft Handover) and IRAT (Inter-Radio Access Technology)

hoabt85
2012-12-10, 07:33 PM
hello Chef,

Mobility: 2G - HOSR (Handover Success Rate) 3G - SHO (Soft Handover) and IRAT (Inter-Radio Access Technology)
Dear Processor,
I'm also interested in these questions.
in your opinion, How much is the value for each KPI which should be achieved to ensure the good quality for customer?
Do you have any ref from big operators all over the world?
Pls share with us

dimooon11
2012-12-10, 08:03 PM
In addition to mentioned three there could be also KPI related to Throughput, Link Quality, Availability etc.
You can easily come across of such KPI values as CSSR>98%, CDR<2%, TCH blocking rate < 1% and so on.
But it depends!
Value of each KPI is determined by operator's business needs, requirements, level of competition in the market etc.
These values can vary during network life-cycle - more stringent values for mature networks than for new ones.
As well as for contiguous coverage and isolated cells.

zeldalcl
2012-12-10, 08:39 PM
Thanks all!
Any Body Who have the benchmarking result of some big operator please share. We can view and detect some useful infomation.

hoabt85
2012-12-11, 10:10 AM
In addition to mentioned three there could be also KPI related to Throughput, Link Quality, Availability etc.
You can easily come across of such KPI values as CSSR>98%, CDR<2%, TCH blocking rate < 1% and so on.
But it depends!
Value of each KPI is determined by operator's business needs, requirements, level of competition in the market etc.
These values can vary during network life-cycle - more stringent values for mature networks than for new ones.
As well as for contiguous coverage and isolated cells.
I think the value you gave is at least for each operators. In fact, each operators have their own target that they want to achieve.
Do you have any such reference from some mobile operators? pls share.

dimooon11
2012-12-11, 04:41 PM
Yes, it is basic reference which can be applied to almost any network. do you need info about specific operator?

hoabt85
2012-12-11, 05:53 PM
Yes, it is basic reference which can be applied to almost any network. do you need info about specific operator?
Yes, pls share if you have. thank u

slipargolok
2012-12-15, 09:15 PM
hello Chef,

yup, this kpi applied to almost operator..when operator make change to their network..kpi or it value also will change..below is some of 2g kpi :

Percentage of Call Setup Successful Rate
Percentage of Drop Call Rate
Mobile Originating (MO) to Call MOS
Latency (Continuous)
Latency (Initial)
EDGE Throughput (DL)
EDGE Throughput (UL)
RxLevIdle (>90dBm)
RxQual (0-4)
HTTP Success Rate
HTTP First Connection Time (<2.5s)
Average Page Load Time (<2.5s)
WAP Success Rate
Handover Success Rate
Packet re-selection during data transfer (<10s)
Cell Reselection Time for 2G Packet Services