PDA

View Full Version : SingleRAN Archeticture

Decisive
2012-11-20, 04:37 AM
Hi people!

:confused:Can anyone guide me on how can I plan SingleRAN using Atoll 3.1 ?
I'm stuck with this for my thesis project!! Please provide me with clear explanation.:L

Thanks on forward,

chacho.morales
2012-11-20, 12:32 PM
SingleRAN is way that Huawei share hardware with 2 technologies, like 2G with 3G, or 3G with LTE, for analyse this in atoll i do it in to separate projects, example one with 2G and one with 3G, but the sites are the same, if you are using the same MRRU for both Technologies, the tilts, elevation, altitude are the same. the only consideration if you are using the same MRRU is the maximum TRX or Carrier you can configure in each MRRU. all this is limited by the RF power.

Decisive
2012-11-21, 11:57 PM
Hi Chacho,
Why doing it in separated projects while SRAN suppose to serve both at same site??! and the new SRAN is for (GSM/UMTS/LTE)!
Can u guide me to do it step by step so I could understand the simulation?
I have Atoll3.1 but I don't have the expereince in using it ...
On top of that, I found out that my thoughts of SRAN was totally wrong!! As one from this forum told me..

If you do really know what u're talking about, please show me that way to do this simple simulation of SingleRAN, PLEASE.

Regards,
Decisive

Decisive
2012-11-22, 02:15 AM
for Huawei's SRAN DBS3900 (3G) which is power used 40/60 watt (60 max)
And I found this saying it's for (2G)

parameter

Output power (TOC Power)
GRFU
900&1800M

Static
Dynamic

1TRX

60W(47.8dBm)
60W(47.8dBm)

2TRX

40W(46.0dBm)
40W(46.0dBm)

3TRX

27W(44.3dBm)
31W(44.9dBm)

4TRX

20W(43dBm)
27W(44.3dBm)

5TRX

12W(40.8dBm)
20W(43dBm)

6TRX

10W(40dBm)
16W(42.0dBm)

I'm getting more confused :L...Is that's why it had to be separated projects?? Aren't those both suppose to be in the same rack for singleRAN??
What r u telling me to do?!..

chacho.morales
2012-11-22, 11:13 AM
let me start with what is SingleRan, the name Single is a commercial name that Huawei use for sharing two or three technologies in the same equipment at the same time. there are several point in the network that you can put the word single. like in the site, the first point of sharing the same equipment is in the nodeB/enodeB/BTS, using the same chassis (DBS3900) or using the DBS3900 with the same MRRU (Multimode Remote Redio Unit) for difference technologies.
both modes are considered SingleRan, but in differrents levels.

also you can share SingleRan at the RNC/BTS ( only 2G and 3G can do it), in the same equipment you can share process for both tech. but the capacity on Earlang and Mbps will be less compare a GO o UO

but i with you are doing the RF part so the interesting part is at the Node.

Huawei equipment principal the DBS3900 with MRRU are Software, so how to use to tech in the same amp, simple, the MRRU is Equipment that has 2 SRD amp, that can be configure one amp for 2g and another for 3G ( this is an example)

Decisive
2012-11-22, 02:19 PM
OK I'm following you until now.. keep it up:rolleyes:
reading about the info u r telling, and will come with some questions after.

Continue this planning requirments,please.

chacho.morales
2012-11-23, 12:04 AM
At the Site lets talk about the first point of Sharing, the DBS3900 this is a chasis that monitor, and give power to the technologies your are configuring. it has 8 slots for configuration, lets make a example 2G and 3G, the card that control the 2G name is GMTU, and 2 cards for 3G named WBBP and the WMPT. when you put this cards on the DBS3900 and with the SRAN software you have a SingleRan node/BTS. less power combustion, less space.

second part of sharing is power AMP. Huawei has several RRU for difference tech GSM only, UMT only, LTE only and the MRRU (this one can do 1 or 2 tech in the same time).

ok, for the RF part, if you already has a 2G network with his coverage and you want to put a new coverage for 3G with different tilt/elevation/azimuth/altitude you put separate antennas, one for each tech. in the RRU part you can put a MRRU if you dont have a big requirement in trx, or 3G power. also you can put separate RRU for each tech is you need more requirements.

if you are using the same MRRU and the same antenna your coverage in 3G and 2G are the same, so when you make a optimisation in this kind of SingleRAN configuration you have to deified which is the network 3G or 2G will be the one you optimise.

that is the reason you can separate in atoll the protects, each network in RF part will be independent, in hardware you are sharing resources.
so in the configuration of atoll in 2G the only parameter that you have to consider in SinglerRAN with MRRU is the number of TRX and power. in 3G power for each carrier.

Decisive
2012-11-23, 12:34 AM
Following so far. I read BSC6900/DBS3900 and Atoll 3.1 docs under your enlightenment.
keep it up buddy, I need to make the simulation very soon, so I'm doing my best to follow up with you!

Decisive
2012-11-24, 08:59 AM
Hey! but there're antennas that work for two standards at a time, I guess you can plan both standards in one Atoll project.. don't you think?

Decisive
2012-12-01, 12:22 PM
Can't anyone give a sample of single RAN on Atoll so I can study and understand it????
PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME

TelcoConsultant
2012-12-05, 01:14 AM
Hi guys,
I believe I am a bit late for Decisive's question, and I am not quite a planning guy but still, this discussion needs a bit more general view on whole concept:

Single RAN is not to be credited all to Huawei, everbody is trying to implement same concept: one HW for different technologies at the same time. Check NSN Single RAN, E******* Evo RAN etc. As I mentioned, this is just a concept. 3G urged the operators to invest for more HW, this means more CAPEX and even OPEX. Most added new NE (a.k.a RNC) and new sites; in some cases they rented new locations and build new towers etc.

Now the vendors are trying to offer sth new, and brilliant: "buy one, get three in the same box", which means one site will do GSM, UMTS and even LTE.

E******* RBS6000 series for example are built to realize this dream: one single box and you will have BTS, NodeB and eNodeB (In E******* RBS2000 meant for GSM BTS and RBS3000 are meant for 3G NodeBs.) Single RAN also includes (or should include) the exchange part too, but I personally did not seen any implementation yet. (yeah, I have read the HWI press releases but not see it in action)

I hope this helps...

PS: How did it go Decisive? Please share how you ended up in your thesis....

Decisive
2012-12-05, 05:55 AM
Glad to read this nice replay TelcoConsultant (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?73907-TelcoConsultant) :)
I already know that vendors each have their version of a "SingleRAN", but Huawei and NSN are the strongest betting on it..

Moreover, Huawei's SingleRAN (DBS3900/BSC6900) documentations are available to handle [Check this out (http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?32976-All-about-BSC-6900-DBS-3900&highlight=)]
And so my simulation would be based on Huawei's single RAN solution.

As for now, the thesis is shorted for the simulation's procedure, which I'm asking for..
the faculty gave me this Saturday for a time limit! so PLEASE if anyone can, please provide me with a simple simulation of it on Atoll [Check this out (http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?32975-All-Documentation-of-Atoll-3.1-Are-Here!!&highlight=)] so I can understand and discuss it here clearly.

koepret
2012-12-05, 12:04 PM
use 3GPP - Multi-RAT , you can planning GSM , DCS , UMTS dan LTE in One Project ( Atoll Project )

Decisive
2012-12-05, 10:10 PM
Yeah koepret, that's obviously the template at opening a new project.
But I've been asking for along time in this forum to know all steps to simulate it on Atoll, but know I don't have much time..
So it would be better for know to send a simple Atoll project of SingleRAN and discuss it here so we can fully and quickly understand the planning procedure and the practical features.
So if you (koepret) or anyone here can make up the sample project and provide it here, that would ultimately help and benefit all.

Decisive
2012-12-08, 02:04 AM
Impossible!! doesn't anyone here have anything to help with?!!!

Decisive
2012-12-09, 12:03 AM
Tomorrow will be my presentation and negotiation of the graduation project, which will be unfortunately without simulation..
I'm sorry that no one helped me on the simulation...very disappointed.
Yet, if u have a sample of simulation of SingleRAN on Atoll don't hesitate to send it to me: al-kaff@msn
Wish me good performance tomorrow.