PDA

View Full Version : Question Hopping not shown during DT

dacoder
2012-11-03, 09:13 PM
Hi
In my network we have enabled RF hopping. But recently while performing DT i found one site where hopping is shown as None(for all of its 3cells) in Tems. I checked in the BSC setting and theres no problem there. What could be the reason for this?

thanks

rfworld
2012-11-03, 10:54 PM
Which DT Tool are you using?

dacoder
2012-11-04, 01:07 AM
Which DT Tool are you using?
i am using TEMS 8
thanks

rfworld
2012-11-04, 01:39 AM
Can you mention the window where it is showing hopping to be none? or maybe a snapshot.

husseinmanaf
2012-11-04, 02:59 AM
friend

if you can give snapshot it will better but its seem from your handset issue.
for check you can make another test with another tools

almost from equipment

BR

i am using TEMS 8
thanks

dacoder
2012-11-04, 02:39 PM
friend

if you can give snapshot it will better but its seem from your handset issue.
for check you can make another test with another tools

almost from equipment

BR
hi
heres the snap:
i dont think its handset issue as Hopping is shown for other cells where hopping is enabled.
Cant check with other tool as we have only Tems8

Thanks

rfworld
2012-11-04, 02:55 PM
Friend, From the snap it is evident that your call is going on in Timeslot 6 of BCCH ARFCN 44. Since BCCH TRX is non-hopping that is why hopping channel is shown as 'NO' and hooping frequencies row is blank.

banisha
2012-11-05, 08:16 PM
Since TRXs are usually filled from last towards BCCH and you are call is on BCCH, you are probably on a cell which has much traffic. You can try to verufy hopping by either measuring at a time of low traffic (early in the morning) or changing your TRX priorities.

dacoder
2012-11-06, 01:03 AM
ok that explains it but i am still wondering if there is some problem somewhere because during entire DT, call was on BCCH trx only in each of the 3 cells of this site. and hence Hopping is shown as None. Not once did the call happened on non bcch trx. Also there isnt high traffic in the site and its configured as S342

rfworld
2012-11-06, 01:16 AM
Friend did you try short calls, say 1 min duration and check the log. Still if it is not showing hopping channels then there may be fault in software loading(Data Transcript) or maybe faulty TRX.

srilasitha
2012-11-06, 06:06 PM
Please check the site TCH assignment success rate is fine

you can also see the TCH seizer assignments and success per TRX and check whether there is any tch assignments on hopping TRXs.

if both are fine you can adjust the TRX priority and perform the drive test again.