PDA

View Full Version : Original Cellwize SON (Self Optimizing Network)

lpkojihu
2012-10-29, 07:02 AM
did anyone hear about this company? Cellwize?
they claim to have a SON solution in this web : www.cellwize.com (also they have some product picture there).
Can anyone share some info about those guys.
Thanks

danikd
2012-11-03, 04:16 AM
Please, provide more info on this product....SON???? does it really exist?

Abdo2011
2012-11-07, 12:52 AM
This shouldn't work without humain supervsion if not no more need for Optim engineers :)

ventinel
2012-11-07, 01:08 AM
also i cud not find any download link for some trial version.. so no comments..

did anyone hear about this company? Cellwize?
they claim to have a SON solution in this web : www.cellwize.com (http://www.cellwize.com) (also they have some product picture there).
Can anyone share some info about those guys.
Thanks

Abdo2011
2012-11-07, 01:29 AM
I heared that NSN has SON included in NetAct latest version but I never try it.

danikd
2012-11-08, 09:41 PM
what actually this SON is doing? what about parameters that it changes?
What about vendors support?

What about provisioning? too many words?
is any answer we can find about it?

The idea is not new, the question does it really work?

lteakif
2012-11-11, 11:41 AM
I have heard that AT&T Intucell SON (self optimizing network). What I understand is that SON detects cells which have potential KPI improvements. Then, it automatically makes some changes and compares the stats. If stats do not improve, it restores the previous settings. Also, it updates neighbor list for each cell. If the demand increases for a cell, it changes some settings in neighbor cell to handle the demand. Therefore, it helps to improve KPIs, fix drop calls, increase Voice & data quality.

I also heard that Actix has the same feature for LTE because of the NGMN (next generation mobile networks) Alliance requirements. The tool also has semi manual option for 2G and 3G, so final decision about the changes will be made by an engineer.

I don’t know what parameters are really changed. Are tilts and azimuths some of the parameters?

freakturd06
2012-11-11, 01:43 PM
I don’t know what parameters are really changed. Are tilts and azimuths some of the parameters?

Maybe just recommendations on azimuth and tilt based on stats.With that, you need very accurate antenna height details, coordinates, etc.

lpkojihu
2012-11-11, 11:48 PM
We have a planned meeting next week with Cellwize, it will be very interesting to see what they have to offer. Ill keep you guys posted...

contorcu1
2013-01-16, 12:11 PM
Is anyone using SON?

rkdrkd
2013-01-16, 02:24 PM
This shouldn't work without humain supervsion if not no more need for Optim engineers :)

Interesting , that means we have to find the new streams of specialization.

lpkojihu
2013-01-23, 06:23 AM
We are currently testing Cellwize SON system in our our network as pilot project - I have to say initial results are very impressive. my major concern is, can they support full scale network as ours (~20,000 Node-b)?

danikd
2013-01-23, 10:49 AM
Can you share more results and functionality? what vendors they are supporting?
Is it possible to optimize Inter-Frequency HO? Soft HO everyone can do...
What about Nokia?
Can you provide more info?
Thanks

tyberry
2013-04-20, 03:44 PM
Dear lpkojihu (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?18557-lpkojihu),

Any update on your tests on the Cellwize system? Very interested in seeing some results or your experience?

Many thanks,

bgs014
2013-04-23, 12:44 PM
Hi everybody, I had a meeting with Cellwize a week ago and I saw a working (base on commercial network) multivendor solution working NSN and E******* as well as a pilot zone for Huawei. Very good working !

superman_uz
2013-11-08, 08:19 AM
Hi everybody, I had a meeting with Cellwize a week ago and I saw a working (base on commercial network) multivendor solution working NSN and E******* as well as a pilot zone for Huawei. Very good working !

Can you share some quantitative results and analysis? What did the solution improve in real-life? What are the shortcomings and problems? How does it operate?