PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between C/I and Ec/Io?

Armagadon
2009-02-15, 06:35 PM
Hello friends,

What is the difference between C/I and Ec/Io? and how to convert from Ec/Io to C/I?

Thanks in advance :)

kenshinz
2009-02-15, 07:24 PM
Hello friends,

What is the difference between C/I and Ec/Io? and how to convert from Ec/Io to C/I?

Thanks in advance :)

Ec/Io

A notation used to represent a dimensionless ratio of the average power of a channel, typically the pilot channel, to the total signal power .

CI - Cell Identity

The cell identity is a 16bit identifier in GSM and UMTS. When combined with the LAI (Location Area Identity) or RAI (Routing Area Identity) the result is termed the CGI (Cell Global Identity).

freqzt
2009-02-15, 07:43 PM
I think C/I is not Cell Identity but Carrier to Interference Ratio. CMIIW.
If it's true, C/I = (sum of all wanted signal)/(sum of all unwanted signal).

kenshinz
2009-02-15, 07:48 PM
I think C/I is not Cell Identity but Carrier to Interference Ratio. CMIIW.
If it's true, C/I = (sum of all wanted signal)/(sum of all unwanted signal).

owk...i should read carefully :D

da_manole
2009-02-15, 07:50 PM
EC/Io =The ratio in dB between the pilot energy accumulated over one
PN chip period (Ec) to the total power spectral density (Io) in the
received bandwidth. C/i =carrier to interference i or i0 could be same thing
In CDMA2000 the pilot Ec is 15% from total power .When you don't have any user on a BTS the transmit power will be ECpower+ sync power + paging quick paging power(5-6 Watts depends on the max power)
Carrier power is depending with loading and can be between overhead power and Max power.

shahram
2009-02-15, 07:51 PM
Might be useful

proy1_10
2009-02-15, 07:53 PM
Freqz has reason, and usually C/I is described as power sum, but "E" usuallly describes field level to change between power and field you need to substract 107 dB:
x [dBmW]+107= y [dBuV] this equation only valid @50 Ohms

tremalnike
2009-02-15, 07:55 PM
C/I - Carrier over Interference represent useful signal strength over interference. C/I isn't computed directly. It is function of BER (Bit Error Rate) and it is suitable for systems without signal spreading (GSM) .

Ec/Io it is clear from posts above - it common used in CDMA/WCDMA systems.

Dear Sharam note that Eb is a bit different from Ec:
Ec/Io In CDMA refers to the portion of the RF signal which is usable. It's the difference between the signal strength and the noise floor.
Eb/No is Bit Energy-to-Noise Density Bit Energy-to-Noise Density(Eb/N0) is the ratio of bit energy to noise density. This value is used to specify the lower limit of operation in most digital communications systems and is also used to measure radio channel performance.

BR,
Tremalnike

Armagadon
2009-02-15, 08:43 PM
Might be useful
Can you provide the whole document?

shahram
2009-02-15, 09:08 PM
Of course:
It has been uploaded in the forum previously but once again:

http://rapidshare.de/files/45307632/LZT1237628-WCDMA_RAN_Network_Design.rar.html

Shahram

DOOM2007
2009-02-15, 09:53 PM
Hi All
I hope this definition will help

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="PowerPoint.Slide"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft PowerPoint 11"><!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} p\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} v\:textbox {display:none;} </style> <![endif]--><title>Slide 19</title><meta name="Description" content="15/02/2009"><!--[if !ppt]--><style> .O {color:black; font-size:149%;} a:link {color:#0059B8 !important;} a:active {color:#F74902 !important;} a:visited {color:#4C82BA !important;} </style><style media="print"> <!--.sld {left:0px !important; width:6.0in !important; height:4.5in !important; font-size:103% !important;} --> </style><!--[endif]--><o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"></o:shapelayout><o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"></o:idmap>file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/krimo/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/krimo/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg