PDA

View Full Version : Question HSPA+

magno22
2012-10-09, 11:42 AM
Dear experts,
If i activating HSPA+64QAM all of cells, what risk of my network? Is it wast affect coverage or some performance?
Please help us.

best regards,
Magno

Jerry
2012-10-09, 12:36 PM
in radio power, CE and code may get higher utilization and congestion.
transmission, Iub utilization is go up too.
other, data network like IN and internet are also same.

just my experience.

auto_art
2012-10-09, 01:11 PM
Dear experts,
If i activating HSPA+64QAM all of cells, what risk of my network? Is it wast affect coverage or some performance?
Please help us.

best regards,
Magno

it will not effect coverage..! resourse utilization will increase(Power, Iub, CE)

croleg
2012-10-09, 02:43 PM
higher modulation - reduced coverage.

khurrambilal01
2012-10-09, 02:50 PM
Dear experts,
Please help us.

best regards,
Magno

If we use higher data rates we have to increase the power which means the coverage would shrink because of 64 QAM, If we have only enabled 16 QAM then coverage would be more.

You can think of it as we have a pool available, if you use more from pool lesser resources of power, lub, CE remain afterwards...
A single user using 64 QAM would be creating more interference for the network compared with a user who has 16QAM or QPSK modulation schemes!

elkador
2012-10-09, 07:31 PM
I partially disagree with the last 2 comments :
- area where 64 QAM will be available around the NodeB is going to be effectively smaller than your 16QAM coverage (since it is requiring a higher SNR)
- this should not impact the coverage provided to other users (voice & data using less than 64QAM) UNLESS you were already running out of power at your NodeB BUT THEN :
- congestion algorithm from the NodeB will prevent users to choose 64QAM

In conclusion : overall coverage of your network shall not be affected by 64QAM usage. You may need to tweak a few parameters, but you will see an increase in average speed provided to your customers...

magno22
2012-10-09, 11:01 PM
I need to increase per user throughput and coverage. I'm adding some NodeBs. But it is spending long time. I need solution of increase per user throughput. i just added second carrier but it was almost full. We are using Huawei RAN13 and BTSs BTS3900. I have enough CE and IUB resource. My solution is HSPA+ 64QAM. Please share us another solution.

Another issue is interference. I have some external interference certain area. Another area is without any external interference but Ec/Io is not enough (approximately 13). How to solve this problem? Is Huawei RAN13 any interference cancellation feature without adding any hardware?

best regards,
Magno22