PDA

View Full Version : RX_LEV SUB vs RX_LEV FULL in ACTIX

fahmi
2012-10-07, 10:46 PM
Dear experts,

When analyzing a GSM log in actix which parameter I have to focus on the RxLevSub or RxLevFull ? What is the difference between SUB and FULL ??

BR,

Fahmi

striker
2012-10-08, 02:09 AM
No difference when using idle mode but when you are using dedicated it's better to use rxqualsub and rxlevsub cause we are using DTX & Powercontrol.

Dear experts,

When analyzing a GSM log in actix which parameter I have to focus on the RxLevSub or RxLevFull ? What is the difference between SUB and FULL ??

BR,

Fahmi

fahmi
2012-10-08, 02:52 AM
Thank u Striker,
Could you please explain further how DTX affect these measurements, so the use of *.SUB ??

No difference when using idle mode but when you are using dedicated it's better to use rxqualsub and rxlevsub cause we are using DTX & Powercontrol.

jan74
2012-10-09, 12:01 AM
Thank u Striker,
Could you please explain further how DTX affect these measurements, so the use of *.SUB ??

The reason, at least this was the reason 12 years ago when I did this!, was that SUB values measured the average values over 4 samples per 100. This is more accurate because when DTX is used, only 4 samples per 100 are transmitted. The rest of the time, nothing is transmitted. Therefore, measuring over the Full 100 values would be inaccurate. I hope that explains it clearly enough....

peanut
2012-10-09, 07:15 AM
Gents,

FULL values are based on all frames on SACCH multiframe whether they are transmitted from BTS or not.
If DTX is used on the DL, the FILL value is invalid in that period and will give wrong values, because they include measurements in that period where nothing has been sent.

SUB values are based on mandatory frames (always transmitted) on SACCH multiframe.

If you look for deeper information, dig into the attached document.

BR,
Please add to my reputation, click on upper http://www.finetopix.com/images/buttons/ha_thumbsup.gif