PDA

View Full Version : Question High ULCE Congestion - RAN 11

scientist
2012-09-28, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I am currently trying to optimize a site with high admission rejection and this is due to high UL CE congestion between 06:00 to 18:00.Please note the following. Customer doesnt want to upgrade the CE boards and Software Licence.Please provide solution(vendorP:Huawei RAN 11)

1.There is no interference-RTWP
2.I have deactivated HSUPA
3.I have enable LCG Credit LDR Algorithm on NodeB:ON
4.Cell CAC Algorith switch enabled:
5. I have 128 CE UL/DL and WBBP board is 128CE
6. DLINTPS.384/ULINTPS.384 users are fewer
7.High DLINTPS.64/ULINTPS.64 are high.
8.Hight of antenna is high(cell is overshooting) but we dont want to downtilt.

Counters:
VS.RRC.Rej.Power.Cong - zero values( no congestion)
VS.RRC.Rej.UL.CE.Cong - high values (congested)
VS.RRC.Rej.DL.CE.Cong - no congestion
VS.RRC.Rej.Code.Cong - no congestion
VS.RRC.Rej.ULIUBBandCong - no congestion
VS.RRC.Rej.DLIUBBandCong -no congestion

Thanks

senjamir
2012-09-28, 09:28 PM
Hi,

Since your problem is due to the hardware then you really need to upgrade the UL CE. You already did a lot of things and still facing some issue. If they are still insisting to retain hardware then your last option will be reducing the CPICH power so that your coverage will be less and you will avoid congestion but the trade off is less traffic. If you have 20 watts trasmit power then you can make the CPICH 30 dBm instead to 33.

Br,
Sen

scientist
2012-09-28, 10:50 PM
@Senjamir, Good suggestion and solution my bro.

Hi,

Since your problem is due to the hardware then you really need to upgrade the UL CE. You already did a lot of things and still facing some issue. If they are still insisting to retain hardware then your last option will be reducing the CPICH power so that your coverage will be less and you will avoid congestion but the trade off is less traffic. If you have 20 watts trasmit power then you can make the CPICH 30 dBm instead to 33.

Br,
Sen

husam
2012-09-29, 02:31 AM
hello,

well you can start by changing the initial UL preferred rate as i suspect is 64, reduce to 32 then you can go for 16...

scientist
2012-09-30, 12:09 AM
@Husam, this is a RNC level parameter,anyway thanks for the good suggestion.

hello,

well you can start by changing the initial UL preferred rate as i suspect is 64, reduce to 32 then you can go for 16...

husam
2012-10-01, 10:11 PM
what is UL total equivalent user number?

scientist
2012-10-02, 01:56 AM
UL ENU is not congested.
Average of 32, 9, 27 for sector 7,8,9

thanks

what is UL total equivalent user number?

white_Noise
2012-10-05, 05:38 AM
Hi everyone,
I am currently trying to optimize a site with high admission rejection and this is due to high UL CE congestion between 06:00 to 18:00.Please note the following. Customer doesnt want to upgrade the CE boards and Software Licence.Please provide solution(vendorP:Huawei RAN 11)

1.There is no interference-RTWP
2.I have deactivated HSUPA
3.I have enable LCG Credit LDR Algorithm on NodeB:ON
4.Cell CAC Algorith switch enabled:
5. I have 128 CE UL/DL and WBBP board is 128CE
6. DLINTPS.384/ULINTPS.384 users are fewer
7.High DLINTPS.64/ULINTPS.64 are high.
8.Hight of antenna is high(cell is overshooting) but we dont want to downtilt.

Counters:
VS.RRC.Rej.Power.Cong - zero values( no congestion)
VS.RRC.Rej.UL.CE.Cong - high values (congested)
VS.RRC.Rej.DL.CE.Cong - no congestion
VS.RRC.Rej.Code.Cong - no congestion
VS.RRC.Rej.ULIUBBandCong - no congestion
VS.RRC.Rej.DLIUBBandCong -no congestion

Thanks

What are the actions that you are using for the LDR? for CE If you have more than a carrier, it's better to have Interfreq load balancing as a first ation and BE rate reduction as a second action, then IRAT handover as a third action.. If single carrier then ignore the intefreq load balancing..

You can also enable the service based handover for AMR so you can improve the CS CSSR..it's not recommended to disable HSUPA as it will affect the HSDPA throughput ..

Good Luck..

orazak
2012-10-05, 05:40 PM
anyone has experiences high ce congestion while ce utilization still < 100% (around 50%) ?

How to check and solve this ...

any comment are very appreciated

scientist
2012-10-05, 07:18 PM
@ White_Noise, This site is a single carrier but I have these are my setting(default).
1.Code Adjust
2.Inter-freq load handover
3.BE Traffic rate reduction

Can disable inter frequency load handover?
Also I have tried activating Service Base handover and it never work in Huawei.
In E******* service base handover was working.

Can you provide me with procedure to activate service base handover.
The customer is using Demo licence,can these be the reason why it it not working?

BR
Scientist

patek1968
2013-04-17, 12:09 PM
Check also for physical tilt eg: mech and electrical..maybe overshooting..

Philippe
2013-04-17, 04:10 PM
Check also for physical tilt eg: mech and electrical..maybe overshooting..

This would be better than changing the pilot power. And could enable to redistribute the traffic between the neighbouring cells.

Note also than CE can be redistributed per cell, i.e. you can decrease the allocated CE on a site not loaded and increase the CE on the loaded site (provided you don't have hardware limitation). Also you could check the level of HSUPA CE consumption and decrease it on this cell (e.g. 5.76Mbps decreased to 1.4/2Mbps) until you can increase the CE on this site.

shishio
2013-04-26, 05:57 PM
you are probably having high ce usage spikes within a small time frame in the day, first find out when ce usage spikes.

shishio
2013-04-26, 06:00 PM
its a number the cell uses to denote full load in the UL, eg UL ENU of 200 means cell is 100% loaded with 200 UL users, 50% loaded with 100 UL users, 25% loaded with 50 UL users etc.