PDA

View Full Version : stopping investment in GSM

madeira
2012-09-24, 12:07 AM
RFs ,

Here in Brazil we are starting the LTE network covering major cities in all 27 states here. But already there is a stop on the orientation of investment in GSM (no more expansions or new sites) and increased investment in LTE and 3G where we use the banda of 2100 that we do not fully meet due to the absence of several key sites.
We still have 500K Erl traffic on GSM with several bottlenecks, and believe that such an error and decissao.
I wonder if stopping signaling ha investment in other GSM networks.

dekili
2012-09-24, 07:32 PM
Seems like mistake. In Europe, in a number of countries, GSM will be switched off when UMTS and LTE get to 900MHz band (re-farming). So far, GSM netwroks are optmised, expanded on smaller scale (but expanded!) since they serve as basic networks for providing coverage. This is especially important in rural areas where traffic is not so high, UMTS on 2100MHz doesn't provide large coverage and LTE might go on 2700MHz. Switching off GSM without exact plan how to substitute it (including financial plan) seems like mistake to me...

madeira
2012-09-24, 08:12 PM
I agree ...its a mistake

justdream
2012-09-24, 08:21 PM
I pray & wish to be a mistake :) (otherwise 2G guys will face critical times)

Darko
2012-09-25, 03:47 AM
Mistake... In Europe GSM is still very important and there are still some investments in that field. But it looks like there are less 2G engineers :)