PDA

View Full Version : Question HO Inter BSC triggering parameters ?

fahmi
2012-09-19, 12:27 AM
Dear All,

I Have two Sites in either side of an highways. Each one is in different BSC (I can't remove one of them due to planning reasons).

After DT, I notice that the HO Inter BSC between these 2 sites is not even triggered in spite of the better target site measurement.

So How to proceed to (may be) trigger earlier this HO since it is an inter BSC HO ?
What are the parameters to check in such a case ?

BR ,
Fahmi

justdream
2012-09-19, 01:44 AM
If both sites in different BSCs and never handover to each other,
so the external definitions are not correct

fahmi
2012-09-19, 02:02 AM
If both sites in different BSCs and never handover to each other,
so the external definitions are not correct

No No, External definitions are ok !! but I think that as if the execution time is not enough especially for fast moving MS :confused:

justdream
2012-09-19, 02:44 AM
No No, External definitions are ok !! but I think that as if the execution time is not enough especially for fast moving MS :confused:
Maybe, do you have HO MS fast moving enabled?
which vendor?

fahmi
2012-09-19, 03:17 AM
Maybe, do you have HO MS fast moving enabled?
which vendor?

It 's Huawei.

Do u have any details about this Fast moving feature ( how to activate it, parameters ...)

many thanks

justdream
2012-09-19, 03:34 AM
It 's Huawei.

Do u have any details about this Fast moving feature ( how to activate it, parameters ...)

many thanks

I don't recommend using MS Fast moving, it's used when you have micro 'Indoor' cells covered by Macro cells in highway
what's type of your 2 sites (GSM, DCS)? which layer?
did you have small count of handovers between them? or not at all
Have you made DT?

juanpico
2012-09-19, 09:24 AM
Fahmi

Having BSC border in either side of a Highway is not a good idea, may I know what is planning purpose?

Dear All,

I Have two Sites in either side of an highways. Each one is in different BSC (I can't remove one of them due to planning reasons).

After DT, I notice that the HO Inter BSC between these 2 sites is not even triggered in spite of the better target site measurement.

So How to proceed to (may be) trigger earlier this HO since it is an inter BSC HO ?
What are the parameters to check in such a case ?

BR ,
Fahmi

fahmi
2012-09-19, 04:54 PM
Fahmi

Having BSC border in either side of a Highway is not a good idea, may I know what is planning purpose?

DearJuanpico,

In fact, there are 2 perpendicular highways and one of these sites position should cover both highway. When simulating the cost of removing it to same BSC (based on HO flow), it shows better performance when keeping it in different BSC.
Hope you get it :rolleyes:

vingman
2012-09-20, 04:36 PM
thanks for the up :)