PDA

View Full Version : Feeder and Jumper

jbada
2012-09-14, 07:04 AM
Hi Forum

Can anyone explain me the difference between the feeder and jumper and its use?

What happens when we use RRU's?

Thanks in advance

juanpico
2012-09-14, 10:19 AM
1. in my own explaination:

a feeder connects any equipment to an antenna usually 7/8" with 4dB/100m attenuation.
a jumper is also a feeder but a shorter one usually 1/2" with 7dB/100m attenuation,

so by running around longer feeder usually 7/8" or 1 5/8 (2.6dB/100m) and introducing 1/2" near both termination somehow save losses

2. a radio remote unit helps minimize the feeder loss by putting it near antenna, using a foc from equipment to the rru and a jumper from rru to antenna

Hi Forum

Can anyone explain me the difference between the feeder and jumper and its use?

What happens when we use RRU's?

Thanks in advance

Stantheman
2012-09-14, 10:40 AM
Your main feeder for long runs is usually a low loss wide diameter coaxial cable that has a rigid outer shield, which is usually not very flexible and may well have limited bending radius plus be very difficult to physically handle for accurate alignment, which makes it difficult to terminate the feeder directly to your equipment/antenna etc ...

The smaller diameter jumper cables are a lot more flexible and easier to handle/align, so they can easily be connected to your equipment without to much physical effort and without putting too much strain on the connectors/equipment.

It is common to run the main feeder to your lightning arrestors and then use jumpers to your equipment, depends on the distances involved and the losses you can accommodate.

sedicla
2012-09-14, 04:47 PM
Friend try to go on the containner were the hardware is and you will see the diference....
Sometimes you need to go out the office :D:p