PDA

View Full Version : E******* PmPropagationdelay working/details

MASTuNDA
2012-09-07, 03:50 AM
Hi Experts,

the working of this counter is very ambiguous, perhaps if someone can share a detailed document, it'll be a big help. so far what I have understood is followed, please correct me if I'm wrong:

the time duration for each chip in WCDMA is 0.26 micro seconds

s=VT; 299792458 * 2.6e-7 = 78 m (i.e. the distance travelled by a chip)
Cellrange =35000 m

as per the available description of this counter: the values stored in 1-40 bins are the measured Propagation delay's representations stored as PDF non linear samples. Bin[0] holds the max delay for that cell in terms of number of chips
Cellrange =35000 m

so I thought, Bin[0] can't hold values greater then 448 (Max Cell range[0] = (number of chips(448)/chiprate(3.84Mcps))*speed of light) = 34975.78677)

i checked it over the network the value Bin[0] is showing is 464 that seems to be fixed on all the cells (400) I checked over a 1 ROP length that depicts 36192 m.
if anyone knows the reason ??

my take on it is like:

One shouldn't take PDF distribution of samples on Max Delay (bin[0]) to derive distance range there were cases where people have take max delay instead of cellrange.

The distance range distribution should always be derived from cellRange. :S

Please share your thoughts on it ..

topoffenders
2012-09-07, 04:35 AM
to use this counter, you need to use lower bound, upper bound and the central...as you said it will give you just the range...not the exact position..

auto_art
2012-09-07, 01:03 PM
Hi Experts,

the working of this counter is very ambiguous, perhaps if someone can share a detailed document, it'll be a big help. so far what I have understood is followed, please correct me if I'm wrong:

the time duration for each chip in WCDMA is 0.26 micro seconds

s=VT; 299792458 * 2.6e-7 = 78 m (i.e. the distance travelled by a chip)
Cellrange =35000 m

as per the available description of this counter: the values stored in 1-40 bins are the measured Propagation delay's representations stored as PDF non linear samples. Bin[0] holds the max delay for that cell in terms of number of chips
Cellrange =35000 m

so I thought, Bin[0] can't hold values greater then 448 (Max Cell range[0] = (number of chips(448)/chiprate(3.84Mcps))*speed of light) = 34975.78677)

i checked it over the network the value Bin[0] is showing is 464 that seems to be fixed on all the cells (400) I checked over a 1 ROP length that depicts 36192 m.
if anyone knows the reason ??

my take on it is like:

One shouldn't take PDF distribution of samples on Max Delay (bin[0]) to derive distance range there were cases where people have take max delay instead of cellrange.

The distance range distribution should always be derived from cellRange. :S

Please share your thoughts on it ..

kindly find the attachment. it may be helpful for you.

MASTuNDA
2012-09-07, 05:51 PM
yes you're right! perhaps if you can tell us more about bin[0] values and their interpretation.

MASTuNDA
2012-09-07, 06:03 PM
Thanks for sharing, in this he has used max delay[0] to calculate the max range and used that range to calculate individual distances ranges for each bin, which as per the e******* doc's is not right.

as explained PDF sample distributions are percentages and cellrange should be used to derive individual ranges for each bin.

please share if there's some documentation on it.

thanks

indiaco
2012-09-08, 09:18 AM
Please find a ppt explaining the use of propdelay stats. I think it is clear enought by itself, but do reply if you have any further doubts.

Good luck.

N.