PDA

View Full Version : Question Is there Any diff. in a normal phone & a smart Phone receiving Signals Capability

kkyasir
2012-09-01, 09:26 PM
Dear Expert

I have a question.... Is there any difference in receiving signal capability of a normal phone like W995 ,Z750i and a smart phone like Sony E******* Xperia Arc. both are without External Antenna and placed in side the Car.

While performing DT i have observed a big difference in 3G Coverage ... normal phone coverage RSCP & Ecno is much better than a smart phone RSCP & Ecno

khurrambilal01
2012-09-01, 09:57 PM
Hi,
Yes there is a lot of difference in sensitivty of smart phones Vs normal phones, Smart phones can't transmit with higher powers and Power classes capacility is lesser than normal phones,
Because smart phones have to do signaling most of times that's why their transmit power is lesser than others, Secondly Sensitivity of smart phones is lesser as compared to normal phones.

Dear Expert

I have a question.... Is there any difference in receiving signal capability of a normal phone like W995 ,Z750i and a smart phone like Sony E******* Xperia Arc. both are without External Antenna and placed in side the Car.

While performing DT i have observed a big difference in 3G Coverage ... normal phone coverage RSCP & Ecno is much better than a smart phone RSCP & Ecno

Please see below snaps for the Coverage plot of both Mobiles

http://bit.ly/N577D5

http://bit.ly/N57aPf

http://bit.ly/PKJZpj

kkyasir
2012-09-01, 11:37 PM
Hi,
Yes there is a lot of difference in sensitivty of smart phones Vs normal phones, Smart phones can't transmit with higher powers and Power classes capacility is lesser than normal phones,
Because smart phones have to do signaling most of times that's why their transmit power is lesser than others, Secondly Sensitivity of smart phones is lesser as compared to normal phones.

Dear Brother Thanks for the reply
So for drive test using smart phone is not a good option .....if we want good coverage plots we must need normal phone ????

itking
2012-09-02, 06:42 AM
Dear Brother Thanks for the reply
So for drive test using smart phone is not a good option .....if we want good coverage plots we must need normal phone ????

Dear Yasir,

It depends on customer requirements. Use normal phone in case customer don't insist for the smart phone [i guess you are working for STC as in few regions they told sub-con to do so]

kkyasir
2012-09-02, 05:18 PM
Dear Yasir,

It depends on customer requirements. Use normal phone in case customer don't insist for the smart phone [i guess you are working for STC as in few regions they told sub-con to do so]

Our customer is insisting to perform DTs on Smart phone. but after big difference in coverage plots they are saying may b your smart phones has some issues.

itking
2012-09-02, 05:57 PM
Our customer is insisting to perform DTs on Smart phone. but after big difference in coverage plots they are saying may b your smart phones has some issues.

Then it must be STC :-P

kkyasir
2012-09-02, 06:11 PM
Then it must be STC :-P

:) Did you used smart phone in DTs ???

itking
2012-09-02, 06:23 PM
:) Did you used smart phone in DTs ???

my teams using Experia ARC

kkyasir
2012-09-02, 06:57 PM
my teams using Experia ARC

So did you observed any difference in normal handset and Xperia Arc coverage plots... for both 2G and 3G ???

khurrambilal01
2012-09-02, 09:09 PM
It's better that you perform DT with normal phones because in most of markets Smart phone penetration is not very high as compared with normal phones,
Secondly you can use TEMS W995 phones which are considered to be in between these two categories so your customer can be happy as well.

itking
2012-09-02, 09:17 PM
So did you observed any difference in normal handset and Xperia Arc coverage plots... for both 2G and 3G ???

Of-course of-course there is difference....... You can see other posts in the forum [few given for iphone and HTC mobiles]......