PDA

View Full Version : TEMS investigation with Indoor walk test

cell_nokia
2012-08-30, 11:49 PM
I asked similar question for Nemo Outdoor in difference tread.

This is because I have drive test equipment for Outdoor project and plan to reuse for Indoor project.
Is it possible to do walk test with TEMS investigation? Thank you very much.

husseinmanaf
2012-08-31, 12:18 AM
Of course Possible

This is because I have drive test equipment for Outdoor project and plan to reuse for Indoor project.

alert181
2012-08-31, 12:26 AM
Yes, it's possible. You can load the plan of the building onto TEMS Investigation and use the pinpoint tool to indicate the signal strength at various locations.

Best practice is to pinpoint the signal strength whenever you change direction or turn a corner.

itking
2012-08-31, 08:27 AM
For indoor, Your GPS will not work so use pinpoint [in TEMS] so that you can plot for report and analyzing.

OpeDnine
2012-08-31, 04:36 PM
and what about if we use tems pocket like xperia arc s??
How to use it in building walk test??

Thanks and best regard

Jerry
2012-08-31, 07:11 PM

Thanks and best regard
W995 TEMS pocket support indoor test.
Use pinpong similar to most of indoor tests. Find the manual in this forum.

ching2-o
2012-08-31, 09:13 PM

Thanks and best regard

If you are already familiar with TEMS Investigation for indoor testing, then you can easily use TEMS Pocket Xperia Arc/S, more comfortable to use indeed as you don't need laptop/windows tablet pc to do walktest. However, you need TEMS Discovery 3.0 and above versions (or Actix with TEMS Pocket support license) for post processing and easier to use. Using TEMS Pocket Xperia however has limited capabilities as with Investigation. Just load the bitmap image floor plan, do required script and start pinpointing and off course, don't forget to record your logs.

ching2-o
2012-08-31, 09:29 PM

Check manual in the forum, you can find essential guides here

Jerry
2012-09-04, 02:00 PM
W995 tems pocket is very nice. It is simple to use like a handset but not so complex with Investigation incl PC+ handset. you also need the good PC battery. Otherwise the walktest may be interrupted and take time.

plrodrigues
2012-12-30, 07:38 AM
Hi,

If you have Tems Investigation for Outdoor measurements and want to perform indoor measurements there are only two options:
* Update your TI license for indoor measurements - but you will have the problem with the equipment weight, since you need to carry all the equipments(laptop, UE, scanner, batteries,...).
* Simulate the GPS coordinates - although pratically it is possible: create a virtual GPS and later correlate the plans location with the simulated GPS LAT,LON, I've never seen anyone implementing such solution!.

A better solution is the use of TEMS Pocket. Personally I use a SE Xperia Arc LT15i (with indoor option) and a W995 with scanner capability. The problem is the post-processing, since the UEs need to be well synchronized (be careful, that when we change the time in the Xperia Arc, it does not reset the seconds!).

last note: use a lot of batteries. By experience, 2 batteries are used in a day of WTs, but it is better to have an additional one.

Regards,

tharinduwije
2012-12-31, 02:44 AM
Yeah if you have the TEMS Indoor License enabled then you can use it for walk test.You can use either a coupled Bluetooth GPs or the inbuilt one (No need if U are doing Indoors)