PDA

View Full Version : Huawei Multicarrier strategy BlindHOflag TRUE or False

kentck86
2012-08-17, 12:12 PM
Hi Expert,

Currently i am working on U900 site. There were issue on InterfreqNcell BlindHOflag setting. Can anyone enlighten me hows does BlindHo works for Multicarriers site, where the site are having F1 F2 F3 and U900 colocated. It is seen that if InterfreqNcell BlindHOflag=TRUE for Intersector cell or with neighbor cell it will leads to high numbers of PS RAB establishment failures. Once setting was retune to BlindHOflag=TRUE for ONLY Co-sector Multicarrier InterfreqNcell, it is working fine. Can any experts please assists me on hows this works.

thank you

fahmi
2012-08-19, 04:43 AM
Hi Expert,

Currently i am working on U900 site. There were issue on InterfreqNcell BlindHOflag setting. Can anyone enlighten me hows does BlindHo works for Multicarriers site, where the site are having F1 F2 F3 and U900 colocated. It is seen that if InterfreqNcell BlindHOflag=TRUE for Intersector cell or with neighbor cell it will leads to high numbers of PS RAB establishment failures. Once setting was retune to BlindHOflag=TRUE for ONLY Co-sector Multicarrier InterfreqNcell, it is working fine. Can any experts please assists me on hows this works.

thank you

Dear kentch86,

In our network we have also F1, F2, F3 and the U900. Our main issue was to balance the load between these 4 layers.
For us, when defining the neighbor relations as follow:

For intraferquency relations, we define the co-site relations and also the neighboring site relations.
For interfrequency relations, we define only the co-sector relations ( F1<=> F3, F1<=>F2, F2<=>F3 only for the co-sector layers).

For load balancing between F1, F2, F3, we use BLINDHO (TRUE). BLINDHO do not take in account the target cell ECNO or RSCP but since these layers have almost the same coverage, the HO will succeed.

For the U900, this layer is not generalized in all the network. It is added for coverage reasons and sometimes for capacity reasons. We define interfrequency neighbors with the co-site and also neighboring sites since there will be an important chance for overlapping between the U900 layer and the F1,F2 and F3 of neighboring sites.
For Load balancing between U900 and F1, F2 and F3 we do not use BLIND HO sine these layers haven't the same coverage, but instead, we balance the load by tuning the idle mode selection and reselection parameters and this was effective in many cases (at least for us).

Hope this was helpful :)

BR,
Fahmi