PDA

View Full Version : Huawei No of continuos sync indicator setting improve call drop rate and call setup

kentck86
2012-08-16, 01:05 PM
Hi Experts,

Had anyone tried this parameter tuning in huawei network? does it affect much on the improvement on call drop rate and call setup success rate? Please share if anyone has experience this parameter adjustment. thank you

Configured Settings

Num of Continuous in Sync Ind
Num of Continuous Out of Sync Ind
Radio Link Failure Timer Length

Default Setting

huawrx
2012-08-20, 01:28 AM
up this question

parsarka
2012-08-22, 12:57 AM
Hi Experts,

Had anyone tried this parameter tuning in huawei network? does it affect much on the improvement on call drop rate and call setup success rate? Please share if anyone has experience this parameter adjustment. thank you

Configured Settings

Default Setting

Hi,
U know any NSN equivalent of these timers??would be of great help :)

Salimjkt
2012-12-24, 06:32 PM
Hi Experts,

Configured Settings

Default Setting

I also want to try for this parameter: I think it's related to Uu fail or no reply if i am not wrong

mobilink999
2012-12-24, 06:57 PM
I tuned it on couple of sites; no improvment was observed; may be if you apply to all sites in RNC some KPI get affected.

khurrambilal01
2012-12-25, 05:38 PM
The description is "This parameter defines the times of successive in-sync indications required for starting the radio link failure timer. When the radio link set is in the synchronized state, the NodeB starts the timer after it receives successive out-of-sync indications of the number defined by NOutsyncInd.The NodeB shall stop and reset the timer after receiving successive in-sync indications of the number defined by NInsyncInd.When the timer expires, the NodeB triggers the radio link failure process, and indicates which radio link set is out-of-sync."

white_Noise
2012-12-25, 07:14 PM
I tuned it on couple of sites; no improvment was observed; may be if you apply to all sites in RNC some KPI get affected.

Agree, did the same, no improvement was achieved..

mobilink999
2013-01-02, 03:06 PM
thnx white_noise for sharing the observation.

oswe
2013-01-02, 09:49 PM
we did observe small improvements (avg peak hour drop CS from 0.8 to 0.6)... we changed the timer to its maximum value 255.In my opinion the user may experience a bad behavior of the mobile...

alcatraz
2013-05-18, 02:55 AM
Hello kentck86 (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?22368-kentck86)

What are the commands to see these parameters?

thanks in advanced for your help.

Regards.

babak1349
2013-05-18, 03:52 AM
Hello,
Those parameters are affecting the drop call when the cause is "UL sync" So all depends on what the drop call causes are and how they contribute to drop call
According to your parameters, the default values can help to improve the drop call while the configured settings will results more drop call\
you should understand the concept of:
1) RLS radio link supervisor
2) RCS Radio connection supervisor

You should consider the impact of those parameter on user preception
50 for Out-of-Sync means if for 50 frames (500 ms) the UL signal can not be decoded, the RL will be tagged out of sync and if during RL failure timer , in-sync is not decoded (successive decoded UL signal for example 8 in your default case) The Radio Link will be reported as Failed one to RCS and it may end up to drop call
So if you increase Out-of-Sync counts and reduce In-sync Counts , You may have more chance to reduce Drop call due to UL sync But to see improvement you need to be aggressive in changing those parameters

Please note you may degrade users' perception ( bad quality may last more and user may feel silence and bad voice quality)

Cheers

Hi Experts,

Configured Settings

Default Setting

rfsupp
2013-05-18, 05:26 AM
Dear Kentck86,

These parameters are realated to the UL Radio Link Sync, but to obtain a better result you can adjust together with, N313, T313, N302, T302, T314, RlRelRspTmr (http://127.0.0.1:52199/hedex/pages/31185611/03/31185611/03/resources/mbsc/m-para/ustatetimer_rlrelrsptmr.html).

I already used these parameters with the following values:

Configured Settings

Dont increase to much the time to the Radio Link Fail, because this will affect the user experience.

alcatraz
2013-05-18, 05:43 AM
Hello,
Those parameters are affecting the drop call when the cause is "UL sync" So all depends on what the drop call causes are and how they contribute to drop call
According to your parameters, the default values can help to improve the drop call while the configured settings will results more drop call\
you should understand the concept of:
1) RLS radio link supervisor
2) RCS Radio connection supervisor

You should consider the impact of those parameter on user preception
50 for Out-of-Sync means if for 50 frames (500 ms) the UL signal can not be decoded, the RL will be tagged out of sync and if during RL failure timer , in-sync is not decoded (successive decoded UL signal for example 8 in your default case) The Radio Link will be reported as Failed one to RCS and it may end up to drop call
So if you increase Out-of-Sync counts and reduce In-sync Counts , You may have more chance to reduce Drop call due to UL sync But to see improvement you need to be aggressive in changing those parameters

Please note you may degrade users' perception ( bad quality may last more and user may feel silence and bad voice quality)

Cheers

Dear babak1349 (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?24711-babak1349)

Exactly!!!!! That's why I'm looking for these parameters in my network. We've a feeling that this has been manipulated so the users give End to their call before it becomes a drop call.

We have been experiencig that call get a really bad quality, to the point fo silence and practically 15seconds later it becomes a Drop Call.

Do you know how can we check it in our network? we have Huawei 3G, Ran 13.

Best Regards and thanks for your help.

alcatraz
2013-05-18, 05:59 AM

Exactly!!!!! That's why I'm looking for these parameters in my network. We've a feeling that this has been manipulated so the users give End to their call before it becomes a drop call.

We have been experiencig that call get a really bad quality, to the point fo silence and practically 15seconds later it becomes a Drop Call.

Found It Engineers.

you can check the parameters with

lst ucell
lst ucellsetup

And to modify it is

Mod ucell
Add Ucellsetup.

Best Regards.

babak1349
2013-05-18, 12:00 PM
Hi There,
I am not Huawei Expert
If you have 15 seconds silence you need to look for another reason in my opinion Because those parameters modification afecting the users in poor radio conditions and remember that for out-of-sync 50 means 500 ms So your drop call may happens 0.5 ms and I think for TRlFailure (50 means 5 seconds , but I am not sure) Further more you need to add RCS timer in RNC to those values and then drop call will be triggered
So if you have silent time in good radio conditions, it should have other reasons. It may happen in specific RNC/BSC areas So you should locate the problem first
RfSupp had suggested some parameters , those parameters are related to RLS in UE and you may look athem as well

Best Regards

kentck86
2013-05-18, 02:28 PM
Hello kentck86 (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?22368-kentck86)

What are the commands to see these parameters?

thanks in advanced for your help.

Regards.

Hi Bro,

It is under Ucellsetup

thank you

johnomarjimenez
2013-05-22, 12:19 AM
Dear kentCK86,

Kindly see the attached Documents, it will help exactly on what is your requirements.
details explanation is also there on the timers related on your problem

be careful because timers are needed to set in RNC level parameter. Implementing the radio link re-establishment feature will reduce call drop but it can increase the silent call problem in the network.

you can to another Option is Modify the following parameter as below value, when implementing this closely monitor the DL power congestion. if congestion exist try to optimized the congestion also

CNDOMAINID
CS_DOMAIN

MAXBITRATE

RLMAXDLPWR

RLMINDLPWR

please grant me a reputation if you found my comment helpful. i need your help guys also to gain reputation

Thanks