PDA

View Full Version : Question Impact of Different Vendors for different Access Technologies (2G/3G)

khurrambilal01
2012-08-13, 08:49 PM
Hi experts,

Are there any challenges/disadvantages for having different vendors for GSM and WCDMA?
If yes then what type of disadvantages (Like IRAT HOs, Installation issues, More Power etc etc??)

Looking forward for your support.
Thanks!

khurrambilal01
2012-08-16, 09:15 PM
Hi experts,
Can anyone please reply?

alert181
2012-08-16, 10:19 PM
Technically, there shouldn't be any problem with interoperability as all the vendors are supposed to manufacture their equipment to meet specifications.

I think the main disadvantage would be the difficulty with troubleshooting problems. With different vendors, troubleshooting can become a nightmare.

For this reason, the best thing (in my view) is to use the same vendor for both technologies.

Jerry
2012-08-17, 12:01 AM
Different will have more difficulties with troubleshoting. But we can get different advantages in system features.
Selecting vendor will not be technical specs but are about price, quality, committement in almost cases.

khurrambilal01
2012-08-17, 03:23 AM
Thats generic Jerry,
I want to know the solid technical benefits/disadvantages that we can have by having different vendors for 2G & 3G (If we forget about cost, committment etc).
Any answer like more delays in IRAT handovers, more complex installaton, More space required (because of more cabinets), more power required?? etc.
Thanks in advance!