PDA

View Full Version : Question Deploying Second carrier

smfzaidi
2012-08-11, 08:56 AM
Dear All,

Please provide some comments for the following for preferred camping,

1) Can a Carrier be configured to carry only AMR services and what are the problems we may come across?
2) How to manage MultiRAB scenarios when an AMR RAB is to be setup when the user is using the F2 (using HSDPA).
3) What happens when an idle user in F1 initiates a PS call and the F2 carrier already has Max HSDPA users reaching 64?
4) USPG value for F2 is planned to be lower than HSPA, what are the effects of such a setting?

Thanks.

agenov
2012-08-11, 04:52 PM
hi mate,

below is my comment:

1) Can a Carrier be configured to carry only AMR services and what are the problems we may come across? I think u can not disable PS service at cell level.
2) How to manage MultiRAB scenarios when an AMR RAB is to be setup when the user is using the F2 (using HSDPA). By using blind handover between F2->F1 or leave as it is.
3) What happens when an idle user in F1 initiates a PS call and the F2 carrier already has Max HSDPA users reaching 64? The call will continue on F1.
4) USPG value for F2 is planned to be lower than HSPA, what are the effects of such a setting? The question is not very cleared, please clarify.

BR
Alex

moslyi0891
2012-08-14, 07:58 PM
1) Can a Carrier be configured to carry only AMR services and what are the problems we may come across?
The strategy is being used there : F1 is used for AMR , R99 PS , F2 & F3 are used as HSDPA , I can not understand why you want to use F1 for AMR only , as F2 & F3 must be clear as possible as they can from R99 PS or AMR to guarantee max HSPA throughput, By the way ISHO must be working well
HSUPA must be disabled on F1 so UEs or modems using HSUPA will handover to F2 , Drrc & HSDPA Layering for UEs in common channels features are not supported between F1, F2 & F3 in common channels , But handover and res-selection in idle are allowed

IN NSN you should tune parameters of F2 as bellow :
AdjQoffest2 from 0 to -15 so In Idle mode CPICH EcNo will be deducted from -15 dB and grantee to make reselection from F2 to F1 in idle mode

QqualMin is tuned from -18 to -11 and grantee to make reselection from F2 to F1 in idle and connected mode

Sinter search is tuned from 8 db to 18 dB and grantee to make reselection from F2 to F1 in idle mode

2) How to manage MultiRAB scenarios when an AMR RAB is to be setup when the user is using the F2 (using HSDPA)
Multi RAB is being on F1 , coverage handover can be there for CS call from F1 to GSM neighbour to make Multi RAB session on F1 .
3) What happens when an idle user in F1 initiates a PS call and the F2 carrier already has Max HSDPA users reaching 64?
It will be using F1 as the strategy is to use it as R99 PS .
4) USPG value for F2 is planned to be lower than HSPA, what are the effects of such a setting?
I thik you are talking about Huawei

Thank you

Have a good day .