PDA

View Full Version : 3G/2G Handover

chronix_ray
2012-08-09, 11:26 AM
Hi,

Im experiencing this problem that when the user is in 3G, upon trying to use data, it immediately hands off to Edge/Gprs.

What parameters should i check or documents you could share with this regard. I want to possibly limit the 3G to 2G handover when using data.

BTW we're using Huawei System (V900R013).

Br//Ray

thuti
2012-08-09, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Im experiencing this problem that when the user is in 3G, upon trying to use data, it immediately hands off to Edge/Gprs.

What parameters should i check or documents you could share with this regard. I want to possibly limit the 3G to 2G handover when using data.

BTW we're using Huawei System (V900R013).

Br//Ray

Please try to check UCELLHOCOMM, UCELLINTERRATHONCOV. You check the threshold all parameter relate to PS. For eg: PSSERVICEHOSWITCH.

chronix_ray
2012-08-09, 03:05 PM
Hi Thuti,

PSSERVICEHOSWITCH - should I off this one to decrease the handover and maintain subs in PS mode?

Thanks for the response.

yafawi79
2012-08-10, 06:29 AM
Dear ray u may also check the 2d & 2f rscp and ECNO thresholds for the ps if there values are tuned to ease the ho from
UTRAN to Gsm in ps these thresholds can be increased to keep the traffic on 3g thanks

chronix_ray
2012-08-10, 10:20 AM
Thanks Yafawi.

Do you have case scenarios on this one? I want to know the operating values or the default values to which this thresholds maintain 3G traffic.

Thanks for helping out.

thuti
2012-08-10, 12:23 PM
Hi Thuti,

PSSERVICEHOSWITCH - should I off this one to decrease the handover and maintain subs in PS mode?

Thanks for the response.

Dear friend,

You try to set PSSERVICEHOSWITCH : off. Then, you set parameter INTERRATNCOVHOPSTHD to default value. Before set these parameters, you should use LST UCELLHOCOMM and UCELLINTERRATHONCOV to back-up when the system has problem :p. You try command Modify,

For Eg: MOD UCELLHOCOMM: CELLID=xxxxx, PSSERVICEHOSWITCH=OFF;