PDA

View Full Version : SDR RAN Solution

khurrambilal01
2012-08-06, 05:21 AM
Currently ZTE is supporting SDR (Software Defined Radio) Solution,
With this solution you can share the same Radio unit to support any technology (2G/3G/4G) on same band with just fotware upgrade and addition of BBU card only.This solution also offers Dual PA which is excellent for coverage in remote areas.This SDR has been the main cause that has given ZTE many success in near past (Like Europe Telenor Hungry, Norway, Middel east new LTE networks, Telenor Pakistan, Etisalat AFG etc...)

Is any other vendor providing the same solution or not?
I am sure about Huawei and NSN that they don't have it currently but other vendors can anyone feedback?

Nyquist
2012-08-08, 03:13 AM
I guess that ZTE solution cannot change also the band by software (the same HW for 900 MHz and 1800 MHz for instance).
So, from my point of view, this is not SDR. I would call it Multistandard Radio.
If this is the case, others have the same solution, for instance E*******.

Regards

khurrambilal01
2012-08-08, 04:23 AM
No for ZTE in the same band you can use same HW to upgrade to GSM/UMTS/LTE with some possible configurations.We have already planned this in our network where same 1800 GSM RFU can be software upgraded to LTE 1800+GSM 1800.

Nyquist
2012-08-11, 11:58 PM
So, this should not be called SDR, as SDR in Standardization Forums means also change bands.
ZTE solution is provided by other vendors. For instance, two technologies in the same radio unit is called Mixed Mode in E*******.

islamhasabo
2012-08-12, 12:26 AM
NSN is supporting the same solution with it's single RAN..

http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com/portfolio/products/mobile-broadband/single-ran-advanced