PDA

View Full Version : Original IBS DAS system Optimization(E*******)

haq_enam
2012-08-02, 01:13 PM
How to optimize UL RSSI and balance DL/UL power by tuning DAS system gains and attenuation?
How to do Cpich Adjustments and Parameter Changes at DAS system(E******* system)?
What E******* BTS suport GSM, UMTS and LTE technologies and which model is best for Indoor solution?

It would be very helpful if i get the answer of them

melkaiy
2012-08-02, 10:54 PM
walfisch-ikegami is the best propagation model

dekili
2012-08-02, 11:38 PM
Walfisch-Ikegami is not suitable for an indoor environment...
Best option is always ray tracing although very demanding.
For fast computation use modified multi wall model. It will provide accurate enough results in very short time.
You can get some answers to your questions if you go to http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?30010-E-In-building-solutions-documentation&highlight=in+building or if you search the for in-building documentation. There are some good E/// tutorials about indoor...
Cherrs

haq_enam
2012-08-09, 04:51 AM
Can u provide me some doc that cove DAS optimization. Like below interview questions

1. What is max value of noise rise in dBm.
2. How to optimize a stadium when noise rise high.
3. Do u know any parameters of E******* to optimize and what r they?
5.r u designer or optimizers. What do u know best.
6. What dl noise rise?
7. What is the node b power while noise rise high. Increase or decrease.
8. Do u how to connect neutral host and node b. What will be input signal power at host and what will be node b.
9. How do u ensure low signal at host.

Walfisch-Ikegami is not suitable for an indoor environment...
Best option is always ray tracing although very demanding.
For fast computation use modified multi wall model. It will provide accurate enough results in very short time.
You can get some answers to your questions if you go to http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?30010-E-In-building-solutions-documentation&highlight=in+building or if you search the for in-building documentation. There are some good E/// tutorials about indoor...
Cherrs

dekili
2012-08-09, 09:27 PM
Can u provide me some doc that cove DAS optimization. Like below interview questions

6. What dl noise rise?
8. Do u how to connect neutral host and node b. What will be input signal power at host and what will be node b.

6. What dl noise rise?

Hmmm...
Let me try to answer to what I can...
1. Noise rise does not have the maximum value. Your link budget will be affected by the noise rise and you should select cabling, connectors etc., in such way to minimise noise at the frequency of interest. After that, usually, due to multiuser activity you will see noise rise in uplink. For 50% activity in the cell, 3dB will be the noise rise. Noise floor could be calculated relativelly easily by multiplying bandwidth and power spectral density of the noise.
2. Use multiple sectors with more directive antennas like Jaybeam antennas or Argus stadium antennas. Mount them on the roof, above the audience, plan capapcity according to the full stadium capapcity.
3. E/// parameters depend on technology used and exact equipment. Please take a look at the previous post and threads that are in E/// subforum. You should optimise pilot RSCP at first in order to achieve connectivity, after that Ec/Io and latency.
5. If you are optimizer than you are also designer... Optimizer is well experienced designer. I can do both.
6. Downlink noise rise is less critical than uplink unless you have selected poor equipment that will insert a lot of intermodulations or you have extremly demanding users so downlink is limiting factor instead of uplink.
7. Don't really understand the question. Depends on technology. I assume that you are thinking on UMTS. Any power rise might cause interference rise so lower Ec/Io. I can't answer directly because it might depend on exact situation/configuration.
8. Don't understand the question. Any power that you need should be the result of your link budget calculations. it will depend on the distance, expected area that should be covered, services provided (RABs) etc...
9. By making link budget. In the case that you can't balance link budget there are always options with dummy loads and passive components to accomodate power. In the end, if notihing can help you - redesign the solution!
Cheers...

haq_enam
2012-08-09, 10:56 PM
Ok, well.. i gt most of anwer.. let me clear those u did not understand

7. What is the node b power while noise rise high. Increase or decrease.--

7. What would be chpch power during higher users activity.. Power will be reduced?
8. In a active system need to put a Main unit to connect node B nd that other part of Main unit connect to fiber optic.. What signal level we need to provide from e node b as we know active system itself has gain..
9. Let consider a stadium where around 50k people come to see match...if i wnt to ensure coverage and capacity what measurment should i take.
10. If in a stadium already has a DAS system but during events noise rise is extremly high... what measurments we could take to reduce noise rise(could be hardware and software E******* node B 6602)

dekili
2012-08-10, 04:56 PM
Ok, well.. i gt most of anwer.. let me clear those u did not understand

7. What is the node b power while noise rise high. Increase or decrease.--

7. What would be chpch power during higher users activity.. Power will be reduced?
8. In a active system need to put a Main unit to connect node B nd that other part of Main unit connect to fiber optic.. What signal level we need to provide from e node b as we know active system itself has gain..
9. Let consider a stadium where around 50k people come to see match...if i wnt to ensure coverage and capacity what measurment should i take.
10. If in a stadium already has a DAS system but during events noise rise is extremly high... what measurments we could take to reduce noise rise(could be hardware and software E******* node B 6602)

7. Decrease power in order to minimize interference. You need to plan your system assuming high user activity and large number of users. This will lead to propper selection of number of sectors and anntennas in the cases of high user activity.
8. Calculate link budget. For fiber you have small losses, check connectors that you are using to avoid potential demage and it is the same. Max power at the output is 20dBm.
9. Like in 7., calculate necessary capacity, calculate number of sectors from there, place antennas at the roof, use directive antennas, cover backside with omni antennas...
10. In the case of very high noise rise you have to redesign the system so hardware changes should take place...