PDA

View Full Version : Discussion : Vendors Performance Comparison

khurrambilal01
2012-07-29, 04:02 PM
Hi friends,
As most of us know that Chinese vendors Huawei & ZTE are always balmed that their KPIs show much improved picture of the network and hide many network problems by just disabling some counters or increasing timer values.... etc.
Can anyone share his own experience with some live examples (Counter/Timer/parameter examples?) to prove that this is fact ?

Thanks for sharing knowledge!

khurrambilal01
2012-07-31, 02:10 PM
Hi experts,
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks!

mbouchamekh
2012-08-01, 12:39 PM
coz u assume that u know so that means u have prove... u share first then others will follow.......

nandi_saikat1
2012-08-01, 01:08 PM
Yes, I have an experience...Initially in our NW, YBF drop was very high. We have given too much pressure on Huawei. Suddenly, it started improved from next day onwards. After that we identified that Hu changed N3101, N3103 and improved Tbf drop.

khurrambilal01
2012-08-01, 02:05 PM
We swapped NSN 2G with Huawei 2G and SDCCH drops improved from 1.5% to 0.4% !!!
We asked the vendor for justification and then we found the answer that there is a timer in BSC 6000/6900 which dosn't pegs SDCCH drop until this timer is expired so most of SDCCH drops are actually not pegged.
Timer name is DelaySendFailIndtoMSIP.

nandi_saikat1
2012-08-01, 04:24 PM
We swapped NSN 2G with Huawei 2G and SDCCH drops improved from 1.5% to 0.4% !!!
We asked the vendor for justification and then we found the answer that there is a timer in BSC 6000/6900 which dosn't pegs SDCCH drop until this timer is expired so most of SDCCH drops are actually not pegged.
Timer name is DelaySendFailIndtoMSIP.

Can you please help to share the improvement steps of UL Quality for ZTE?

usama0795
2012-08-01, 08:57 PM
also dont forget the radical T305 and T308 timer delays brings down Drop call rate by atleast 50% and also the call restablishment trial u can set re-establish timer to 40 seconds seriously who waits that long...no one can compete with Huawei when it comes to KPIs some of my BSCs have DCR running at the same precise value to last couple of weeks not even little fluctuation.....and the place i worK huawei CSSR formula dosent even include CS-Blocking so its basically a straight line........of all the vendors i have worked on ******** is one with most easy to understand KPI definition and very hard to improve as for CSSR they include eveyything from CM Serv Request to successful call.....

Jerry
2012-08-01, 09:49 PM
also dont forget the radical T305 and T308 timer delays brings down Drop call rate by atleast 50% and also the call restablishment trial u can set re-establish timer to 40 seconds seriously who waits that long...no one can compete with Huawei when it comes to KPIs some of my BSCs have DCR running at the same precise value to last couple of weeks not even little fluctuation.....and the place i worK huawei CSSR formula dosent even include CS-Blocking so its basically a straight line........of all the vendors i have worked on ******** is one with most easy to understand KPI definition and very hard to improve as for CSSR they include eveyything from CM Serv Request to successful call.....
My Nw CSSR is with blocking involed some how. But it is very lightly change when we upgraded Trx but it is not strange since it is so high already. But CSSR with another vendor E******* is change differently.

Any suggestion/advice to check timers/parameters?

hamody2005
2013-01-18, 04:27 AM
In our Nw we did A swap from LG to ZTE (CDMA) and the call drop rate decrease from 3 to less than 1

Also in CSSR they have a counter called call outer interruption with large numbers and it's not accounted as call failure.

Till now I still dupt their KPI values

hamody2005
2013-02-02, 01:27 AM
Also If Anyone has a comparison between ZTE, Huawei and LG I will appreciate it

ventinel
2013-02-15, 03:25 PM
as per my experience... vendor performance directly corelates with the efficiency and technical skills/understanding of people in operator... if guyz in operator are not good at their jobs then it is the possibility that vendor might take advantage of the situation and do some settings or changes in counters or KPIs for their purpose. But if operator has got some good technically strong persons then vendor will never do such thing as they wouldnt risk their repute or contract... i hope that helps