PDA

View Full Version : Question Is it Possible to manufacture some Jammer for DL frequencies?

khurrambilal01
2012-07-29, 03:54 PM
Currently most of the external jammers are transmitting on UL frequencies because UL is weaker so it's easy to Jam UL band,

But is it possible to completley Jam DL band as well? Because for that purpose i guess a lot of transmit power would be required?

Please share your experience.

khurrambilal01
2012-07-31, 02:11 PM
Hi friends,

Can anyone reply with his experience?

Syed Fahad
2012-07-31, 07:17 PM
Dear,

In my case to be exact, we experience extremly high DL interference in Coastal BSC's of Dammam and Khobar each time, American 5th Fleet in Bahrain sea passes by. This is due to the fact that their Radar uses the Entire EGSM Band. I have had the pleasure of removing JAMMERS in the Mosque of Islamabad and Rawalpindi, but they were only effecting EGSM UL ARFCN's. Never had the pleasure of experiencing a DL Jammer in person.

usama0795
2012-07-31, 07:25 PM
but i think its much easier to jam downlink band since the problem with jamming the entire band or the uplink frequencies is that we are aiming to disrupt communication at the cell. For this we need a very high power transmitter that will create a powerful signal strong enough to reach the BTS Furthermore, this action will cause the Signal to Noise ratio at the BTS to fall which will, in effect, cause all incoming signals at the BTS to be corrupted. Thus all incoming connections to the BTS will be disturbed which will jam the Mobile Stations throughout the entire coverage region of the BTS. In contrast, if we create disturbance over the Downlink frequencies, we only need a transmitter powerful enough to create a signal that disrupts communication in our required area. This causes only the Mobile Stations in the specific area to be jammed and leaves the ones outside it alone.......and plus i had this final year project of some guys who made a downlink frequency jammer attahing it also REPUTATION TO THEM....

Syed Fahad
2012-07-31, 07:35 PM
Habibi, i am of the view that Uplink is much easier when it comes to jamming as it mostly consist of Spikes of RACHs. Even chinese made Jammers can serve the purpose when it comes to disrupt the communication in small buildings. For Downlink, yes we need very Strong TX in general stronger than 20W.

khurrambilal01
2012-07-31, 07:39 PM
As we know difference between DL/UL received level is ~6dB. So 6dB can be 3dB+3dB and we know 3dB means half the power, Thus 3+3dB means 2X2=4, So if we have one DL jammer and one UL jammer and both are transmitting with same power but UL jammer would affect four times coverage footprint as compared to DL jammer!

Syed Fahad
2012-07-31, 08:15 PM
Ok, my point of view is that the average Noise Floor Level for UL Band mostly during peak hour vary from -110dBm - 115dBm from Spectrum Analyzer. Even a 2W Jamming device might not allow any RACH to go through for call setup.