PDA

View Full Version : Slow EDGE DL Throughput after GB eBandwidth change to MPLS

parsarka
2012-07-28, 12:38 AM
Dear Experts,
Please note that after the Bandwidth was changed to MPLS we are facing very slow EDGE DL Thrput.There is no increase in the payload.But surprisingly there is no degradation in the reports being generated.Only the user perception has degraded.We have also checked for EDAP Congestion,conducted ping tests from BSC to SGSN but no problem was found.Is there any possibility of errors in the transmission end ?If so please can you help me what all need to be checked??

parsarka
2012-08-02, 01:51 AM
any updates please??

khurrambilal01
2012-08-02, 03:05 PM
Can you check the Re-transmission rate for EDGE/GPRS?
If throughput has degraded and Payload is the same then most probably Re-transmission would have increased.

I also observed that in some cases it happens due to PCU overload, Can you please check are there any rejections from PCU for EDGE higher coding schemes?

abhipsa
2012-09-09, 07:38 PM
HI parsarka,

i am also facing the same problem. We have also found that RETRANS_RLC_DATA_BLOCKS_DL_MCS have been incerased in our n/w. causing thruput degradation.

Have you got the Solution. Please share

parsarka
2012-09-11, 03:10 AM
HI parsarka,

i am also facing the same problem. We have also found that RETRANS_RLC_DATA_BLOCKS_DL_MCS have been incerased in our n/w. causing thruput degradation.

Have you got the Solution. Please share
Check slips in ET using ZYMO for the sites with poor DL Speed & ask BSS/TX to rectify if any prob found....also check if the PCU is over utilized & toggle the sites accordingly
pls add reputation if it were helpful...