PDA

View Full Version : How to configure DUG 20 in RBS 6201 with RUS in 6+6+6 configuration

maddy_cooljack
2012-07-26, 12:39 AM
Can anyone please share how to configure DUG 20 in RBS 6201 with RUS(having license for 4 trx) in 6+6+6 configuration.
As DUG 20 can serve only 12 TRX so Max Cell A & B can be configured with 1st DUG.
What will be configurations for RUS?

Please help.

Thanks & regards

neiljohn26
2012-08-11, 08:35 PM
you need 2 RUS each sector, then define each RUS in each sector as 4 trx and 2 trx, or 3 trx for all RUS... so you will be using 2 DUG20..

cadaoasaq
2012-08-18, 09:23 PM
You need 2 DUG 20 & 6 RUS. Attached is a sample IDB for the primary DUG for Sector A & B. This is configured as 6+6. You can also modify this IDB for the second DUG. Just open your OMT then create IDB, use the current IDB then go to Antenna Sector Set-up. Use only one sector then modify. Click RE setup then just select the number of TRUs. I hope this will help you.

maddy_cooljack
2012-08-19, 02:58 AM
I have tried this configuration of 6+6 in 1 DUG & another 6 in annother DUG than there was an issue of HOSR failure somehow in 1st DUG having configuration of 6+6.Another info required is how to sync 2 individual DUGs.If anyone can help on that it will of great support.

neiljohn26
2012-08-19, 06:02 PM
I have tried this configuration of 6+6 in 1 DUG & another 6 in annother DUG than there was an issue of HOSR failure somehow in 1st DUG having configuration of 6+6.Another info required is how to sync 2 individual DUGs.If anyone can help on that it will of great support.

you need to define on the node parameters of the first DUG the hub position of the second DUG by adding node and its EC port connection on SHU (A5)..

edmar_tubil
2012-08-19, 08:18 PM
Can anyone please share how to configure DUG 20 in RBS 6201 with RUS(having license for 4 trx) in 6+6+6 configuration.
As DUG 20 can serve only 12 TRX so Max Cell A & B can be configured with 1st DUG.
What will be configurations for RUS?

Please help.

Thanks & regards
Hi,
There are different ways to achieve this configuration.
1st is using 2 dug with 6 rus with max number of antennas(6). Means you have to define max for the 2 dugs(444/3 rus) and its up to the integrator to allocate the trx which is ready for future upgrades and can be done remotely.
2nd is with least number of antennas, and guess this is what you are planning to implement. Since trx distribution on RBS 6000 is based on the number of sectors, this will be your basis on defining IDB. I assume you already had an idea on primary and external node parameters to be defined if 2 or more dugs will be used inside any RBS 6000. Also, are you implementing Multi Band Cell?
Here's the link for some additional info:
http://www.4shared.com/office/1l9StKiR/888_CONFIG_ON_RBS_6000.html
You have to be in contact with your integrator to be synchronized. And speaking of synchronization, these 2 dugs need to be synchronized through esb port using a prefab sync cable or you can make it yourself.