PDA

View Full Version : Question Urgent : Need to contact Invex3G users with Samsung Z560 handset

clive
2009-02-10, 05:15 PM
Hi

I am using Andrew Invex3G Chasis 4000+4200 combo for NW benchmarking (Data, Voice & PESQ). I am using Samsung Z560 handsets - 8 nos - 4 Voice & 4 Data. Post processing is on Actix.

I am facing a serious problem since last one year when I bought this Kit. The Samsung Z560 which was newly introoduced hangs frequently.

Help needed :
1. Need contact details of users who are using the above kit with samsung Z560 & facing similar problems. Also if they have resolved the problem, I need resolution methodology.
2. If you are facing same issues, lets join hands & taken on Andrew as he is not responding to our support request.

Following are the issues which we face:
<DIR>1. All the 4/8 Samsung Z560 handsets get connected to the s/w but after some time, 1 or 2 handsets stop performing the iteration. For example, we are doing voice calls and all the 4 handsets have to run an iteration of making voice calls for a certain period and disconnect and re-initiate a new call. While doing this, 1 or 2 handsets will not end the on-going call as per the defined steps and will continue in the call mode. Then the handset battery has to be taken out to reset it.This is the case when the handsets are getting hanged after successful initiation of the calls.
</DIR>
2. Similarly, our handsets (Z560) do get hanged on the very 1st attempt of the call also.
<DIR>3. Handset gets restarted automatically. As per Invex support team, handset will make call attempt for 3 times and if it is not successful, then it will restart the handset and this is triggered where network service issues are there but in our case no network service issues are there and still we encounter this situation.

4. All the above mentioned issues are intermittent in nature.
5. Samsung handsets gets heated up very fast & too hot to touch.

6. Kit has CDMA - Kyocera KX2 handsets. It's been more than a year we have bought this kit but we have never faced a single problem with Kyocera KX2 handsets.

7. Pl understand that buying new GSM/3G handset is not a solution I want as it will be very expensive.

8. I need Pin details of Nokia & LG cables for Invex3G for Local fabrication.

</DIR>

cdmahn
2009-03-25, 04:38 PM
Hi,

Please check the connection configuration of the power supply. Could you please send me the details (with image) of these connection?

clive
2009-03-26, 01:55 AM
Hi,

Please check the connection configuration of the power supply. Could you please send me the details (with image) of these connection?

Thanks
Can u pl be more specific as to what u want me to capture.
I am not able to follow ur request

cdmahn
2009-03-26, 08:31 PM
Please tell me if you use the cigarette plug socket in your car. If you use this, the power maybe too low for all the devices, then they will be unstable. It should be much better if you use the car battery directly to be the power of your drive test systems.

drJaser
2009-03-26, 08:55 PM
I don't think this could produce those problems.. I am also using Invex3G, usually only with 2 mobiles (Nokia N80 for dedicated and Samsung z500 for idle/short connection mode).. We also have Samsung z560..I can confirm it gets overheated after 15min..
We have constantly problems with Invex3G software .. after cca 30min of use it crashes first time.. laptop reboot is needed.. after that it crashes ever 5-10 minutes.. impossible to work.. it could be something CPU temperature dependent reason... who could know ? :)

My suggestion to every1 who is buying measurement kit today: "stay out of Andrew.."