PDA

View Full Version : Question Handover Performance Per Cell Relation / Neighbor Clean Up

juanpico
2012-07-24, 12:08 AM
Hi Experts

I would like to ask for opinion, what benefit will a network will gain, by deleting defined neighbor cell that has no handover attempt towards its target cell?

It's like neighbor cell clean up

Thanks in advance

-juan

usama0795
2012-07-24, 03:13 PM
its like the more neighbors u define for a cell the last data the cells has about the destination cell when coming up with best 6 neighboring cells......so basically it works like this for example there are 104 TDMA the more the samples per neighbor better the HO perfomance so its like 104/9 = 12.....meaning if u define 12 neighbors u would get 9 samples per neighbor and the number of sample decrease as u increase the number of neighbors......

juanpico
2012-07-24, 06:01 PM
its like the more neighbors u define for a cell the last data the cells has about the destination cell when coming up with best 6 neighboring cells......so basically it works like this for example there are 104 TDMA the more the samples per neighbor better the HO perfomance so its like 104/9 = 12.....meaning if u define 12 neighbors u would get 9 samples per neighbor and the number of sample decrease as u increase the number of neighbors......

Hi Usama

Thanks for the input. So you mean it will result to a better HO performance. How about in signalling?

khurrambilal01
2012-07-24, 06:19 PM
Signaling might not be impacted because if the deleted cell is not amongst top 6 so it's MRs are not sent to BSC. So no impact on signaling.

In Vendors like Huawei/Siemens BTS averages the samples itslef before sending to BSC so signaling is already very less but for other vendors like NSN where all raw data is sent as it is to BSC & BTS doesnot perform any averaging (unless configured by parameters) so the required LAPDs are higher to cater for more data and more signaling on ABIS.

phantomzone
2012-07-25, 05:31 AM
PLease add to my rep, i really need to download some docs up in this...Hmm

minhtaiet
2012-10-23, 06:35 PM
I don't think so

ventinel
2012-11-01, 10:24 PM
try sharing something and u will definitely get reps

PLease add to my rep, i really need to download some docs up in this...Hmm