PDA

View Full Version : Call Initiation (AMR or Non-AMR)

justdream
2012-07-22, 06:23 PM
Dears,

Could you guide me how to know, did my calls initiaited at AMR or non-AMR?
in case of AMR (which codec)?

Please I need to check this issue urgently
Thanks a lot

khurrambilal01
2012-07-22, 07:24 PM
Hi,
If MS is supporting AMR & MSC has enough resources in pool to fullfill AMR requirements then call is always AMR,
The selection of initial codec depends upon the parameter settings that you have for your vendor.

First decision is either call is HR or FR and that depends upon the load of cell plus your parameter setting that at what load new calls would be shifted to HR,
Second decision would be which codec to be used and this would be dependent on the parameter settings that which is the first default codec to be used.

justdream
2012-07-22, 07:37 PM
Hi,
If MS is supporting AMR & MSC has enough resources in pool to fullfill AMR requirements then call is always AMR,

I need to verify this issue, do you know how?

usama0795
2012-07-23, 07:47 PM
which vendor??? like in Huawei multiple AMR DL Coding Rate adj.th1-3[H/F] are available whichy adjusts the conding rate based on C/I of the call.....and then we have parameters AMR Starting Mode with four values 0 to 3 represting lowedt to highest codec rate.....sharing parameters for AMR FR similar sort of parameters are for AMR HR buth with different values:

usama0795
2012-07-23, 08:05 PM
plus also attaching Huawei counters for AMR u can take out total AMR FR and AMR HR traffic and based on that determin the % of AMR usage in ur network.....

justdream
2012-07-23, 08:22 PM
Dears, my vendor is Huawei
but my question could be open for all vendors
My objective is to test some calls and check, did it start in Non-AMR or AMR (in this case which codecs)?
maybe checking it will need to check some layer messages or call trace tools - I don't know exactly
That's why I'm opening this thread asking for support

usama0795
2012-07-23, 10:19 PM
u can check it from Drive Test make a number of short call and select initial codec mode from Actix it would give u an idea of maximum number of codec mode selected.....plus u can also check through Layer 3 or message browser in Actix that what type of coding scehemes are used in UL and DL....

justdream
2012-07-24, 12:53 AM
Dears,
What's the meaning of Speech Version 5?

tester
2012-07-24, 01:17 AM
version 5 - WB AMR

usama0795
2012-07-24, 07:57 PM
3GPP introduced AMR-WB codec modes achieving a significant improvement in speech quality by:–Extension of speech bandwidth carried on a radio channel => doubled sampling rate from 8 kHz (NB signals) to 16 kHz (AMR-WB)–Coding schemes for AMR-WB full-rate channels with GMSK modulation:
TCH/WFS with source bit rates of 6.60, 8.85 and 12.65 kbps.
In conclusion, AMR-WB offers increased intelligibility and naturalness yielding a feeling of transparent communication => a more face-to-face like sound sensation is perceived in a mobile communication.

**Rest a brief Presentation attached....

justdream
2012-07-24, 08:45 PM
u can check it from Drive Test make a number of short call and select initial codec mode from Actix it would give u an idea of maximum number of codec mode selected.....plus u can also check through Layer 3 or message browser in Actix that what type of coding scehemes are used in UL and DL....

To check it through Layer3_Actix: which message shall I check?
is it RR Assginment command?

kentck86
2013-06-13, 10:14 PM
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten how to check AMR codec in Layer 3 message? which signalling details content those information?

thank you