PDA

View Full Version : WCDMA coverage problem

magno22
2012-07-21, 04:17 PM
Dears,

I have WCDMA coverage problem. Before is was enough for our city, but now it is down everywere. We did following actions.
1. We upgraded RNC and NodeB R10 to R12(BSC6810 to BSC6900 huawei). but BTS transmittion power is same for R10.
2. CS and PS traffic is increased 5 times. Now i have several cells that is code congestion and 2 cells have power congestion. But average cell capacity usage is approximately 80%.
We didn't change antenna downtilt and direction.
What happened my network? Is is possible increased traffic is affecting our coverage? What i need to do?
Please share with me your experience.

Best regards,
Magno

melkaiy
2012-07-21, 10:47 PM
it is possible that before swap the network is still not congested and after you swap the network was already congested you should check the kpi in the bss or ran if there was any change in stats to determine if there are increase in subs

if this one helps please add reps :)

tanbao
2012-07-22, 12:02 AM
If you find coverage decrease after upgrade, so I think this upgrade package have issue. You can use previous one or upgrade new package that solve you problem.

freakturd06
2012-07-22, 01:04 AM
I am not into 3G but some parameters in new NodeB version might be incompatible with the RNC version after the upgrade, and the parameters and algorithms in the new version need to be modified.