PDA

View Full Version : reduce UL interferences with Constantvalue

tek74
2012-07-21, 06:53 AM
Hi experts,

I would like to reduce the TX power of the first RACH preamble in order to reduce UL interferences. During a complete drive test, I realised that 90% of the time, the preamble is received after less than 3 retransmissions (and 66% in the first transmission).
Besides, during the same Drive Test, the average UE RACH TX power is -28dBm whereas the average UE TX Power during CS call is -36.37dBm. There is a 8 dB differences. Would that mean that the UE is actually transmitting more than necessary in the RACH ?
In this case, would it be possible to reduce the TX power of first preamble (now constantvalue is -20, i was considering reducing at -22/-24) ?

Thanks for the help.

mbouchamekh
2012-07-22, 07:40 PM
u can try to set it to -22, n check if it gives good result again to -24 and check.....caution is required as u may affect users feeling (some subs. may fail to access especially those far from the site)... u need intensive test

mbouchamekh
2012-07-22, 07:42 PM
Actualy m saying try... but i don`t advice u change it.........if I were u (according to ur test results) I would`t change it

tek74
2012-07-24, 05:46 AM
why wouldn't you change it ?