PDA

View Full Version : New Member. Questions With Ceragon FiberAir IP-10

tlinkbroadband
2012-07-19, 08:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this community and from my understanding the way to gain reputation is from sharing useful docs and information. I am willing to help out as best as I can but I am very new to this industry. I currently work for a start up company and I'm trying to find a little more information on software upgrades for the Ceragon FiberAir IP-10. Do both IDU's on both ends have to have the same Software versions? I am currently running one with a 2.8 and the other is running a 2.9 software version. Are there any benefits to having both running the same version? or would it just be redundant? I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Thank You ;) ( Any rep would be greatly appreciated )

cemist
2012-07-23, 05:10 PM
Yes, both IDUs run the same software.
If you ar not experiencing any problim which got a bugfix in any newer version of the software there is no need to update. Nevertheless I would recommend to run both IDUs on the same version to reduce the risk of getting problems with yet unknown incompatibilities in a live link.
As far as I know the latest version for the old IP 10 (not the IP 10G version) should be release 2.6.9, product release I6.3 filename upgrade-aidu-2.9.6.zip

tlinkbroadband
2012-07-25, 03:25 AM
Yes, both IDUs run the same software.
If you ar not experiencing any problim which got a bugfix in any newer version of the software there is no need to update. Nevertheless I would recommend to run both IDUs on the same version to reduce the risk of getting problems with yet unknown incompatibilities in a live link.
As far as I know the latest version for the old IP 10 (not the IP 10G version) should be release 2.6.9, product release I6.3 filename upgrade-aidu-2.9.6.zip

cemist, thank you for the response and the input. Now aside from this forum are you aware of any other websites that might have a downloadable file for the firmware? I know that this forum has a link however you need to have at least 15 reputation before you can download the txt file with the link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cemist
2012-07-25, 05:29 PM
The files can be found using google or ftp search engines like proisk.com, http://proisk.com/?path=%2FCeragon will give an usable result...